A Turnaround Season: Speak to the Dry Bones

Today we had a wonderful message from Dr. Nina B @ Shiloh Church.

I am a big fan of Dr. Nina.  The last few times I've heard her speak have been absolutely incredible.

Disclaimer: I am biased TOWARDS women preachers because I was always taught that it was wrong for women to preach and they should keep silent.  FORGET THAT. 

Dr. Nina is Jewish who  converted to Christianity and she appears to be a scholar of the Old Testament.  I am very very impressed with her teaching.

Today she talked about Radical Transformation and the Apostle Paul.  I say that I am not Pentecostal but like Dr. Nina said today:  I believe the outpouring of the spirit was not just for those days but it's for us today as well.

A Turnaround Season

 Dr. Nina taught today the most radical transformation story we see in the New Testament was from Saul to Paul.  His conversion from Pharisee who was paid to kill and disrupt the church to God's Main Man to convert the Gentiles and establish churches was miraculous.

All because of what happened on the road to Damascus.

(BTW this is totally off topic My favorite quote from politico Chris Matthews is:  The Road to Damascus is getting quite crowded...and I think more and more people are getting hip to something is about to shift)

Pastor Nina prophesied that we are in a turnaround season.  

I believe that and it connects with her message last month about: FRESH VISION

Intentional but not Conventional

I am beginning to think the Pastors have bugged my house and are listening to me complain before I leave for church on Sundays.  

This morning I was talking about how I feel like I'm trying to do better in certain areas of my life and I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.  Now things are heating up for me professionally which I'm excited about and I've been super successful this year already but I'm sure you can guess what area of my life just feels like the valley of Dry Bones.

Pastor Javier went on and on today before Pastor Nina spoke about letting go of our own agendas and plans and letting God take over.  He specifically said: "Some  of you won't move unless things are all lined up in your ideal timing"  I raised both hands.

This morning as I complained I said, "Well now is not the right time anyway because I think it's more important for me to make money."  Huh?  "What if it is the right time?"  God never does anything when we think it is ideal.

The bulk of Pastor Nina's sermon was about having the same attitude as Saul and Ananias had in Acts 9.  I'm doing what you say Lord even though it's crazy and I'm available to do it.

The Anthem this year so far is Travis Greene's song: Intentional.  

All things are working for my good
He's Intentional

I keep remembering what Brother Richard said when he assured me I would not die an old maid.

He's Intentional
Not Conventional

So what if it doesn't look like I thought? (I've been prepared for that from jump...but still)

What if it isn't the right circumstances?
What if it's not ideal?

Let me have the attitude of those in the book of Acts.  Let your spirit pour over my life and let me go so that we may see your Glory on Display.

I'm currently studying the Exodus and one of the things the Lord says over and over again is that he is orchestrating the events so that his glory would be on display and the Israelites would be able to tell their children from generation to generation what the Lord had done for them and how he rescued them.

A phrase that has become very important to me this year: Spiritual Legacy.  

A word from the Lord

I received the word of the Lord today.  I know she was talking to me.  It's Go Time.  We're in a cultural shift and when she said this word...I know it is time for me to begin to speak prophetically.  The Lord said to Ezekiel.

Then he said to me, "Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, 'Dry bones, listen to the word of the LORD!
All things are working for my good
He's intentional but not conventional

Comments

Popular Posts