Wild Goose Chase: He's Intentional and so am I




Be careful of what you wish for......

I think for sure I had some things happen this past week that were definitely part of a Wild Goose Chase and also related to throwing down my staff of success.


You give and take away...My heart will choose to say Blessed be Your Name - Matt Redman, Blessed be Your Name
So last week I was excited about getting money...this week I had some taken away and I wasn't happy about it because it felt like such a waste.  However I refused to let it stop me from my planned giving.  It also made me think about how much trust I hold in money. 

My thing with money is that I do not want to end up broke....so that causes me to hold on to money with a scarcity mindset.

Geneen Roth says that the medicine for the pain is in the pain.  Well the medicine for the pain for scarcity money mindset is the pain of losing money for no reason.

I should also add that the money is going to be replaced by my business growing and new clients....so money comes and goes.


Enough about that.

Testimonies for this week

I have Two Big Ones

Helping the Children of Uganda

About 15 years ago I went to a performance featuring The Children of Uganda.  These were children who had been orphaned by the AIDS epidemic in Africa.  They formed a choir and went around the world raising money with their performances.

Well I was more than moved by their performance.

The next day I ran into one of the directors and I tried to express how moved I was by their performance but I couldn't even get it out because I was crying so hard.  It was pretty bad.  I was just so worked up about these beautiful children who had lost their parents and didn't really have anything.  I was pretty embarrassed because the gentleman ended up comforting me.  I tear up now even thinking about.

I made a vow that very afternoon that I was going to do something to help the children of Uganda.  I didn't know what, when, or how but I vowed that I would do something to help one day.

My coach runs a Giving Circle and I saw that one of the charities that they were sponsoring this year was called, "Girls Up Uganda."  This is a leadership program that is run by a Ugandan girl who came from the slums and is now passionately teaching girls reading, the importance of education, and leadership empowerment.

I knew this was for me and so I decided to attend.

Well little did I know that the lady that was in charge of that particular charity was in the same class that I had signed up for!  She told me all about the charity and I could feel myself starting to tear again and she was crying so I thought, "Well this may not be so bad ".

I am happy to say that I wrote my first check for Girls Up Uganda with more to come this whole year.  I look forward to getting more involved to see how I can help.  One day I plan to visit Uganda and see what I can do to help the girls develop their leadership skills.

This just goes to show how FAITHFUL God is.  I had never forgotten my promise to help the Children of Uganda is and now I am getting a chance to do just that.  I feel so blessed to be able to do something...anything.

You will not die an old maid

At Shiloh Church the January Series was called Limitless.

At the end of the sermon the preacher called for various groups to come forward.

Then he called the people who want to be in relationships but they are too afraid.  They are afraid because they've seen so many bad relationships, they are afraid because they've been burned, they're just afraid and it's causing them to miss out.

Well of course I went forward cause that's me!

The man's name who prayed for me was Richard and earlier in service he had prophesied about a river and how so many of us are unwilling to step into the river as the Israelites did as they made their way toward the Promised Land.

Well anyway he said some really great things which I will share at a later time....but then he said something that just cracked me up.

You will not die an old maid



I laughed and cried at the same time.  It's one of my biggest fears...and he said it point blank.

He also said something else that someone else had said last week.


"God is intentional but not conventional. God did not use 32,000 soldiers...he used 300. "

Meaning:  It's not going to look like what you thought.  It may be totally unconventional  I've known that from the beginning but to now hear more than one person say it?  Wow.

 Earlier that morning while on my way home from the gym, I heard Travis Greene's, "Intentional" for the first time.

My beautiful friend Aeriol told us at our class that every day we should be intentional and set our intentions each day.

I've been so inspired by the lyrics from Travis and I've been reminding myself of the Above...Things are happening behind the scenes that I have no idea about.  The prophetic words I get from Shiloh Church always turn out so I am keeping the faith!


All things are working for my good
He's Intentional

And so am I....


To God be the Glory 

Comments

Popular Posts