Hello 2018: Why did we go this way?

On New Year's Eve 2017  we had the pleasure of hearing the awesome Patrick Kiteley formerly of Shiloh Church and now at Rain Church ATL.

I've talked about Pastor Patrick on this blog a number of times and he's prophesied so much that has happened and took root so he's a legit guy with fabulous rhymes.

His Sunday Morning Sermon was entitled: Why did we Go This Way?

He used my favorite story in the Bible to illustrate this point.


Leaving Egypt and off towards the promised land....

The Children Of Israel leaving Egypt and their subsequent Wilderness journey is my FAVORITE story in the Bible.

I love it because I think it perfectly captures a common life journey.  

Leaving a toxic environment and then moving towards your Promise.  

Pastor Patrick talked about how the people left Egypt and then God says..."You guys are taking the long way because if you see war along the way, then you will change your mind and want to go back into the toxic situation of Egypt"

That's pretty much how it is for anyone who has ever decided to leave a toxic environment and move toward Deliverance.

You can see miracles along the way (The parting of the Red Sea, Manna, etc) but the second things get hard or not so great, you're ready to go back to where you were because at least you KNEW what you were dealing with!  Out on the journey it's all unfamiliar and uncomfortable.

I can definitely attest to this as someone who decided to strike out on her own entrepreneurial journey.  I have had so many miracles on this journey and wonderful gifts but there have also been a number of challenges.  Sometimes I wish I had never started this journey and that I could go find a steady job with a steady paycheck and benefits instead of trying to do this whole entrepreneur thing.  However I get reminders WEEKLY if not DAILY that this is what I am supposed to be doing.

But why did we go THIS WAY

I don't know all of Pastor Patrick's story but I do know that he stepped down as Shiloh's pastor a few years ago due to family issues and it was clearly stated he did NOTHING wrong.

He is now pastoring in Atlanta. 

 Why did we go this way?  He asked that question himself why preaching.  I'm sure he's wondering why he had to go this way in order to be where he is now.

I know the feeling.

I often wonder why I'm going THIS WAY

Why am I going this way?


So much does not make sense.  So much seems barren and I feel like I'm going on so many detours but at the same time I feel like God is telling me the same thing that he told the Israelites

I have to take you the long way because if you see the battles (like starting your own business and having to count on God for provision and no stability) you will want to turn right back around.

Over these past 4 years since I've started keeping this blog, my life has completely changed.  I quit the management job (the sure thing), worked at my dream job, quit my dream job, received prophesy that it was time to get my own thing going, started my own thing, had surgery, signed up for relationship classes, met my awesome business coach, and stuff I can't even remember....I'm glad we did go this way.

Had I experienced the level of success earlier in my life that I  ultimately believe that I will have, it would have not been sustainable because I would have thought it was all me and not because of God.  I also would have felt unworthy and undeserving of it.

Because I went this way, I have the credibility and will have the fruit to teach other people.

If we hadn't gone this way, then my faith would not have grown because I wouldn't have known how to rely on God.  

If we hadn't gone this way, then I wouldn't have some of the stories I have now about various prophecies that are coming true and giving God the Glory.

If we hadn't gone this way, then I would probably still be dysfunctional in my mindset towards relationships and if I had decided to marry, then I would have settled and been divorced.

So yes I understand now why we are going this way.

This year I hope to march into my own victorious Promised Land and begin to see some of these prophetic words and visions come to fruition.

I believe they will.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts