Recommended Read: Listen, Love, Repeat Karen Ehman



I really enjoyed this Study from Proverbs 31 Ministries and I love this book.

I pray that my home will be a place that is overflowing with love and a haven for people who feel like they are the least of these.

I love Karen's story about how she reached out to various people who felt excluded and were outcasts.  She also opened up her home to those who were lonely or grieving.  This is what I would like my home to be like.  I want it to be a place of healing energy and a place where people see the Glory of God.

As it stands now Christians don't have the greatest reputation for reaching out to the least of these. As a matter of fact, it's become very embarrassing to see how unloving the Christian Community is but in my experience I think that's because many of the people are so miserable and unhappy.  They are mean and negative to others because of what's going on in their own lives.

This is not glorifying God.  
Nobody wants to be around these types of people

Anyhoo!  This is a great book to remind us that like Jesus we really should be out amongst the people and ministering to them.  THAT is what will win them over rather than screaming scriptures or telling them that they will go to Hell if they do not go to church!


Comments

Popular Posts