Leaving Sundays: Crazy Love - Who is God?

The present American church seems quite superficial without much depth and I wonder if it's because God has become too familiar. It's turned into this God is my homeboy who is gonna hook me up with my perfect spouse and give me money, a nice home, and designer bags and shoes.

We don’t realize who this God we serve actually is.

God is Holy


He is set apart and has no comparison.

God is eternal


He is I AM. This means he always was and always will be. He is truly in the Power of Now because he has no beginning and no end.

Being eternal, God is also limitless. This is one of the downfalls of Church. Using Chan’s analogy, if God is the ocean, then They limit God to what they fit in their soda can.

God is all knowing 


One of the best things about leaving legalism was that I no longer had to pretend. I realized if God knew everything, then he even knew when I was pretending so i didn't need to do it anymore.

Because God is all knowing, he knows what I need. In the past few years, I've seen how things I wanted and I thought I needed weren't for me at all. I'm in awe of how God has protected me from my own bad judgment again and again.

Last year a woman I never met before said she had a ticket to this summit that was right near my house. I wasn't interested in the topic but it looked interesting so I decided to attend. It changed my life and brought so many amazing opportunities into my life.

Even now in this moment as I prepare for a medical procedure, I'm in awe of how the timing panned out. When I was signing up for health insurance this year something told me to go for the more expensive plan and I'm so glad I did because I did not even see this coming.

This year I declared my compelling vision of what I truly wanted and right after that things started moving. Listen, I'm watching this story unfold like everyone else so I don't know what will happen but I'm in awe of how things just flow together when you decide to let God take over.

These are just my personal testimonies of how God knows what we need and knows best.

I will never forget this sermon I heard from this pastor from China. Obedience is the key. Even though I've complained and grumbled about obedience, I see he is right.  I shudder to think what would have happened if left to doubt what I think is right in my own eyes.

Y'all don't even know! This is me as I write this!



God is All Powerful


 This is a pretty powerful scripture Psalms 115:3

Our God is in heaven.  He does what pleases him. 
 Daniel 4:35
All the people of the earth are nothing when compared to him; he does whatever he thinks best among the angels of heaven, as well as here on earth. No one can stop him or challenge him, saying, ‘What do you mean by doing these things?’

To sum it up. He does what he wants

God is fair and just 


God never excuses sin. And he is always consistent with that ethic.


I think in our land of anything goes we forget that choices have consequences. If you make certain choices, then there are consequences. We seem to want to forget that.  God forgives and he also punishes sinful behavior.

Comments

Popular Posts