Spring 2016 The Power of Now Summary


I think because i’ve already started to experience what Eckhart Tolle talks about in the book, I was better able to connect with his teachings.  I also think that because I am able to now label what I was doing organically that it has built my confidence about embracing the NOW.


I no longer think about shoulda, coulda, woulda.  I no longer think If only this and that happens...I really am focused on becoming aware and growing in the now.  Changes happen bit by bit and those bit by bit changes happen in the present.  They don’t happen in the past and they don’t happen in the future...they happen in the now.


When I think about how I resisted certain things in my life, kept fighting, and how I would get frustrated it all seems so ridiculous.  Since I have surrendered so many interesting things have happened.  


I don’t think I would have been ready to learn certain things with that same old resistant mindset.  I want to highlight this season in particular because I am convinced more than ever before that God is doing SOMETHING. He has been doing something all along and I’ve said it but I don’t know that I believed it.  This season has given me reason to believe that God is doing SOMETHING and he’s doing it in the Now.


I’ve said since I surrendered things have gotten pretty quiet for me.  There’s no drama and no excitement.  There’s just development, growth, business, writing, etc.  There’s not a whole lot of fireworks going on.  Now there have been some very curious and intriguing moments in this past season.  There was a spring awakening of sorts but in the surrendered life you do what you do in the now and wait for time to reveal all things.


I do know one thing.  I believe the prophetic words that were given to me.  I have been given new grounds to believe them (which is one of the words that I was given)


This is my scripture for the year Isaiah 54:1-2 but I will share all the way down to verse 6


Sing, O childless woman,
   you who have never given birth!
Break into loud and joyful song, O Jerusalem,
   you who have never been in labor.
For the desolate woman now has more children
   than the woman who lives with her husband,”
   says the Lord.
2 “Enlarge your house; build an addition.
   Spread out your home, and spare no expense!
3 For you will soon be bursting at the seams.
   Your descendants will occupy other nations
   and resettle the ruined cities.
4 “Fear not; you will no longer live in shame.
   Don’t be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you.
You will no longer remember the shame of your youth
   and the sorrows of widowhood.
5 For your Creator will be your husband;
   the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name!
He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel,
   the God of all the earth.
6 For the Lord has called you back from your grief—
   as though you were a young wife abandoned by her husband,”

   says your God.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts