Recommended Read: The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp

As of this review, I am a single woman but I think EVERY single woman who DESIRES to be married needs to read this book.  You can look on the blog and see my Experience with the book and all what I learned in more detail.

The premise is 21 Days of Blessing Your husband by doing projects that he has no knowledge of.  

Why should I read this book when I am single and am nowhere close to marriage?

I read the book and I have ZERO prospects for marriage.  I am not even dating anyone and I got a lot out of this book.  I'm going to give you  3  reasons why you should read this book if you're single.

1. You will realize that the fairy tale of marriage is the biggest lie ever told

Those of us on the other side of marriage tend to romanticize marriage.  We think it means dramatic music, gifts, and no more being alone!  We envy those with these romantic weddings and sigh about their happily ever after that we are obviously being denied.

Reading this book you will realize that the fairy tale is all a lie.  Marriage is WORK.  You've got to put in THAT WORK to have the relationship that you want.  If you just want a fairy tale, then watch Disney Movies!! Marriage is NOT a fairy tale.  It's real work.

Reading this book you will begin to understand how much effort it takes to have a good marriage.  

2.  You'll realize how selfish you are

As a single person, you only have to think about:  Me, Myself, and I.  Once you start doing this if you've got a selfish mindset like myself you will think:  Why should I do this for him?  What am I getting out of it?  Suppose I do all of this and don't get anything out of it?  What's he going to do for me if I do all of this.

Yikes!  

Marriage is about people serving each other without strings attached.  If this isn't your mindset, then you are selfish.  

If you're selfish then you aren't marriage material.  Chances are your marriage will not last or it will be very one sided and miserable.

3.  You'll realize whether or not you are marriage material

After reading this book and taking this quiz entitled:  "Are you marriage material?" it was obvious that I am NOT marriage material in my current state.  I was focused on self preservation, selfish, and I just didn't see the point in doing nice things for someone else without getting anything in return.

This is not someone who is marriage material

Just because I am not marriage material NOW doesn't mean I won't be in the FUTURE...so I committed myself to working on that.

What if I am married?

If you are married, then I think this will help you.  We all get into our routines and ruts so this may be just the thing to LIVEN THINGS UP.  Kathi includes tips on lingerie shopping (yep several of the projects involve sex), cooking, and even entertainment ideas all with the idea of doing what your HUSBAND will enjoy.

I think anybody who wants to have a great marriage should read this book.  I know I will have it nearby when I do get to that chapter of my life.  If I choose to do life with whomever this is, then I am certain he will be worth it.  Otherwise why even bother to get married?

Comments

Popular Posts