Proverbs 31 OBS The Husband Project What I learned Week 4: I am Not marriage material



All of this husband project study has got me aware and reflective.  This week I took a quiz entitled: Are you Marriage Material? One of the questions was what will you lose if you get married.  I had lots of answers for that one.  Another question was:  What will you GAIN if you get married.  I couldn't really think of anything.  I got up, went to get a snack, and came back and still couldn't think of anything I would gain.

As the quiz went on, I just shook my head.  I definitely am a marriage skeptic, cynic, and somewhat of a romantic rolled into one.

It's pretty clear I am not marriage material...currently.

The importance of Personal Development....

The first step to change is AWARENESS.  I am AWARE that I am not marriage material and so enters Personal Development.  The person who wants a fulfilling life has to have a life that evolves, develops, and grows.  The way to do that is through personal development.  It helps you to understand why you think the way you do and then address those issues.

Most of our decisions come from our unconscious mind.  It's the part of our minds that steers our perspectives, philosophies, etc.  It has to do with our experiences, teachings, and how we view the world.  You're not even aware of it much of the time!  

Now for me I know why my attitude sucks so bad.  I didn't grow up witnessing great marriages, I am not a fan of most romantic relationships because I Think they pose as distractions that take you off course, and bring you down toward failure, and I've never been in love.  I acknowledge that guides my unconscious mind and why my attitude is so terrible.

So therefore I am working to change it by engaging in Personal Development like the Bible Study, reading relationship books, and confronting these internal beliefs that contribute to my attitude.

Personal Development is so important and yet most people do not do this.  They would rather complain, make excuses about why they can't change, and stay stagnant.  If you are unhappy in your life, then go down the path of personal development.  Read some books, watch Oprah's super soul Sunday, Listen to some Podcasts (Brendon Burchard has a good one), go to some seminars, just get moving.  

I don't have to do it all on my own....

 May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and of the patience that comes from Christ. (TLB) 

I love the scripture for this week because it's reassuring that if you're on the path that God has set you on that he will DIRECT you into the way to go.  I believe I am being asked to confront my terrible attitude and mindset now ON PURPOSE.  This entire project is about mindset and heart change.  God is changing my stony heart and my heart is being directed in his love.  Learning to just not think about myself and do for others without doing anything in return.  This is the Love of God.  There is no greater love than to lay down the life for one's friend.

The patience, perseverance, patient endurance of Christ

This is a process.  It's a process that is leading towards something great.  I must have patience, perseverance, and patient endurance that Christ showed during his earthly journey.  It's already been a journey of twists and turns but I am determined to stay the course.

The best part of it is that I don't have to do this all on my own....I believe that God will strengthen me and help me to become the woman he needs me to be.  I've already changed tremendously in the past 3 years so I am thankful that I don't have to do it all on my own.

I'm thankful that God can fill in the blanks, provide,  give grace, and help me along with this process. That's the patience, perseverance, patient endurance of Christ.  God had to help him too!!

I am not marriage material...Now

I am not marriage material NOW but I believe that can all change and it WILL change.  Many people who are married are not marriage material and they are doing nothing to change that...so I'm not hopeless!!

This has been such a great study for me to really adjust to get my MIND RIGHT and to change my heart.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts