Proverbs 31 OBS The Husband Project: Week 2 It's about me even though it's not all about me



It's about Me....


As I went through the projects this week I found myself praying for myself. I prayed that my heart would change. I prayed that I would WANT to do these nice things. I prayed that I would be a good encourager and that My heart would change from being focused on self preservation and instead be focused on being a good partner.

So I'm starting to see what this is about. It's not about me receiving the glory. It's about me doing My part to be a good partner. If we attract what we are then I want to attract someone who wants to do nice things for me, be an encourager, and let's me know I am valued and loved. How can I say I want to attract that when I am not willing to BE that.

Even in the beginning of the book, Kathi Lipp warns that your husband may not notice but it's not about that. It's about you having a change of heart.

I hated always hearing what someone else was doing wrong. I hated hearing people tearing each other down because they were frustrated. I hate when people in relationships publicity air their grievances against each other. That is what is easy to do. What's not easy to do is to talk about what people are doing right even when you're crabby and irritated!

So for me this week has been one focused on my own heart change. As we know most marriages don't last and I am willing to believe much of it is because people are looking to others to solve their problems and not looking to be proactive and be a blessing and support to someone else.

I've heard it said people don't marry the wrong person, they marry for the wrong reasons. If your reason for getting married are for selfish reasons and to push your agenda then that is how you will behave throughout the marriage and that never ends well.

I can see where my heart needs to change. I need to understand it's about me just as much as it's not about me. I wouldn't want to marry someone who was focused on self preservation so I need to change my heart and change my tune!

Though I stumble....I will not fall


The Lord directs the steps of the godly.    He delights in every detail of their lives.24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,    for the Lord holds them by the hand.

God delights in every detail of our lives.  It’s not just the big things because there are no big things or little things.  Every decision in our lives adds up to what the outcome will be.

For me doing this, I am aware that my attitude is not very good.  It’s selfish and suspicious.  HOWEVER by allowing GOD to direct my steps, even when I screw up and my attitude is terrible, I know that I am not down for the count.  God is with me and He’s helping me to develop into who he needs me to be.

So for this project even though I’m aware that I have work to do on my attitude and heart, I am encouraged because it’s all ON PURPOSE FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS and that God is putting the details of this puzzle together and having a great time doing it!

Comments

Popular Posts