Single Sister in the City: Isaiah 49:23


Then you will know that I am the LordThose who wait for Me with Hope will not be put to shame (New Life Version)

OK folks...this was awesome.  I had a chance to listen to Bob Sorge today at Shiloh Church.  He suffered a vocal injury 22 years ago, lost his ministry, and is now a traveling evangelist and writer telling everyone about how he is expecting healing and deliverance for God to restore his voice.  OK and did I mention that he did not let this injury stop him from preaching God's word.  I tell you this was one sermon where people paid attention because you had to or else you would miss what he was saying.

Anyway he had a great message for us and I ended up buying 4 of his books.  What stuck out to me though was this scripture.
S
Isaiah 49:23

Then you will know that I am the Lord;
    those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

I remembered this scripture from the Confident Heart Bible Study I went through last year and today I felt like it went down into my spirit.

Waiting on God can make you feel shame

As Pastor Bob said, waiting on God can sometimes make you feel shame.  I'm sure the religious giants amongst us never feel this way, but I sure know what he means.  You feel foolish because here you are holding on to promises and a word that you just know was from God and nothing is happening.  It feels like one big joke and I can speak first hand that I start to get embarrassed because I proclaim to have faith and don't have many receipts to show for what I'm believing for.

For instance I had this whole big spiritual experience last year and I was just sure we were going to be running laps around the church this year because God has answered my prayers in a big way.  Don't get me wrong.  The Lord has done exceedingly and abundantly more than I could ask or think this year in many ways.  New job, training for a competition, and more financial success.

But as the title of this blog post says:  I am still single

I'm feeling shame about this.  Now I expect God to do SOMETHING.  Everything in my instinct is pointing that he is going to do SOMETHING and I'm just preparing for it, but I still feel quite a bit of shame about this.


  • What's wrong with me?
  • Maybe I better give up this idea of waiting on God.  Doesn't seem to be working.
  • I'm sure I look like the world's biggest loser
  • This is so embarrassing

I think these are all whispers from the devil to get us to give up and throw in the towel.  The Devil wants us to not trust in God and to go and try to make things happen on our own.  Well the devil can try it all he wants to, but I'm not falling for it.  I am not willing to give up the vision God has given me, so I will keep waiting thank you very much.

Then you will know that I am The Lord...No Disappointment!

The NIV version of this scripture says that: 
Then you will know that I am The Lord.  Those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

I don't know why but The Lord has begun to bring back to my memory things that I have prayed about.  Things that I have let go of and I felt compelled to pray for again.  I am still in waiting mode, but at this point, my main course of action is to pray and let The Lord lead me accordingly.   I believe that the path He has me on will confirm yet again that he is Yahweh Jireh...the Lord my Provider.

I do not believe I will be disappointed with the outcome of my situation because my hope is in The Lord.
My hope is not in people.
My hope is not in finding a man.
My hope is not in making a lot of money.
My hope is not in social status and material things.

The above things will always lead to disappointment.  THey are not fulfilling nor are they lasting, but when your hope is in God you can always find a blessing.


What's a single sister to do?

She's going to keep waiting with expectancy.  I expect God to do SOMETHING.  This single sister is also going to keep praying and studying to learn more to apply for my life's purpose.  

This sister is also continually writing the vision on the tablet and making it PLAIN.  Where there is no vision, the people will perish.  I think many singles don't have a real vision.  THey may have a Hollywood version of love and romance with Superman or Wonderwoman coming to save the day.

This will always lead to disappointment.

My vision is rooted in reality because I know that I am not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be perfect, but my hope is in the God who is in perfect.

I will not be disappointed.

To God be the Glory.


Comments

Popular Posts