Single Sister in the City: I just wanna share my love but I'm not looking for advice

This is a very big step for me to share this part of my life on a blog because it opens up the door for comments, opinions, and advice.

In the past I've made the mistake of opening up and sharing with people whom I probably shouldn't have because I believe that it's important to seek WISE counsel.  I also think we need to be mindful of who we let speak into our lives.  Some mean well but all they leave are muddy footprints

My main purpose is that people can see the  step by step journey rather than the cleaned up and enhanced testimony.

Share my world


Today as I readjusted my goal for the fitness competition, I realized that I wanted to share this triumph with someone.  Yes, this is my very big goal and I'm going to do the work but I want someone to be with me as I achieve this goal.  I'm at a point where I'm tired of doing it all alone.  I'm tired of accomplishing things alone.  I don't need to prove to people that I can do it all anymore.

I have a lot that I want to do in life and as the African Proverb says:  If you want to go fast, then go alone.  If you want to go far, then go together.  I can only take myself so far and that's why it is important that I have help to PUSH me to the next level.  The same rings true for my life partner.  He can only take himself so far and in this culture that makes it hard to be a good guy, he will need help and encouragement as well.

Seeking Wise Counsel

In the past I have made the mistake of sharing with people who were all too eager to give advice, but I knew it wasn't the right advice for my life and journey.  All it did was open the door to confusion.  I have noticed over the years that the people I truly respect, admire, and consider role models all drop such major nuggets of wisdom that you can't help but seek their counsel.  Their advice is always right on time and leaves me with peace. 

Single people always have people telling them they should do this and that if they want to be married.     I think a great measuring stick if this advice is worth taking is to ask if the people that are giving you the advice are people who you want to be like.  Lives speak louder than any advice that people can give.

Not seeking advice

I am not opening up my life to people to seek advice.  I am opening it up because I want to help others who are on this same journey.  I want people to know they aren't alone in this struggle and that there will be glory after this.

Stay in the race!!!










Comments

Popular Posts