Let it Go: Dwelling on Mistakes, listening to those in the cheap seats, and Cursing others

Oh this has been a rich season for letting it go.  When that older sister got a hold to me at the altar a few months ago, she didn't know what she started by telling me to be free.  Oh my goodness!

When Jesus resurrected Lazarus, he called Lazarus out and then told him to let those grave clothes go.  In order to have the new life, we've got to let the grave clothes go!

I've got to let the mistakes of the past go
I've got to put the epic fails to rest
I've got to stop listening to those in the cheap seats
I've got to put the negative speech about others to rest

This past week I realized that I need to let go of several more things:  dwelling on my past mistakes, listening to others because I want their approval, and I need to stop speaking curses over other people's lives.


Goodbye Mistakes and Epic Fails

We have all made mistakes.

I have struggled with my mistakes because I feel that they have disqualified me from moving forward and that's why things will never change because I've messed up too bad in the past.  

I don't know where I got this idea from.  I've made mistakes and those were learning and growing opportunities.

I made a really big mistake last year when I took the job as a fitness manager.  I even said before I applied for the job that I didn't think that I was supposed to, but at the time I didn't have enough faith to step out and do what I am doing now.

I had to be willing to be wrong in order to find out I was right and guess what?  My faith grew tremendously from that experience.  Had I not done that job, maybe I wouldn't have started seeking God the way I did because I knew I had gone down the wrong road.  I also got a chance to see what it would look like to settle and give up on your purpose.

Rather than staying stuck like Chuck in that situation, I'm out and I'm thankful to God on my new journey.  If I were beating myself up about making that mistake, then I wouldn't be able to work towards my current goals which are right on time with my purpose.

I've talked about how wrong I was when it came to Mr. Excitement and my hormone induced bullying.  Before I was beating myself up for the rejection, but now I'm thankful for that opportunity to learn and grow.  It really helped me to understand what Bishop Jakes was talking about when it comes to being FUNCTIONAL in relationships.  It also helped me realize how selfish ambition in relationships is all bad and how I need to be more considerate of others.

I refuse to rub my nose in my mistakes and I refuse to let others rub my nose in it as well.

Listening to those in the cheap seats

People like to cheer on mess.

Why do you think train wreck shows are so popular?  People like to sit back and enjoy other people's misery.  I have learned that I no longer need to listen to the people in the cheap seats of "Ain't Doing Nothing and Ain't about nothing" stadium.

Am I the only person who notices that the people who do the most armchair quarterbacking aren't doing anything themselves or are in worse shape than you?  COME ON NOW!

I was spending far too much time listening to the opinions of others rather than listening to my gut and rolling with it.  I noticed that when I started doing that, I was much happier and making the right decisions.

Go figure.

It is absolute freedom not to be held hostage by trying to gain the approval of others.  People will  ALWAYS find SOMETHING to criticize.  I learned a long time ago that people will cheer you on when you walk off the cliff and then ask you why you did it when you crash and burn.

Cursing Others

This week during my Bible Study I was convicted about my habit of speaking curses over other people's lives.  Because I was frustrated about certain circumstances of my life, I found myself saying negative things about others.  This will stop

It isn't my business what they are doing and I don't need to speak curses over their situation because I am frustrated.  Their journey is their journey and it's not my job to be negative or an armchair quarterback for other people's lives.

Since I was receiving the instructions from armchair quarterbacks, I felt justified in doing so to others.

STOP THE INSANITY

Enough is enough.  

I am called to speak life and encouragement into other people and not use my gift to put others down or speak badly about them.  

Phew!  It sure has felt good to let go of a lot of these things these past few weeks. 

Renewal and a Cleansing

Since starting my new job, I have felt cleansed professionally.  These people are very successful and they see the big picture of life.  I have felt renewed as a fitness professional and I've started setting exciting career goals again.

I have let go of a lot of bad and unproductive habits that I picked up at my last job which held me back from being successful financially and as a fitness professional.  I feel like I am able to move onto the next stage of my career.  I've been there for 3 months and I've already grown more than I have in the past 3 years.

Spiritually I feel the same because I have let go of a lot of the thought and processes that have held me back for so long.  I have acknowledged and let go of the bad and unproductive habits that have stopped me from moving forward.  I've grown A LOT in the last 3-4 months and I'm ready to move forward in this sacred journey.


To God be the Glory



Comments

Popular Posts