Let it Go! Failing Forward because it's time

This morning I was late for church because I got way too wrapped up in my personal time with God. 

It started off with the verse of the day coming from Psalms 27:4

The one thing I want from God, the thing I seek most of all, is the privilege of meditating in his Temple, living in his presence every day of my life, delighting in his incomparable perfections and glory.

I want God's presence in every part of my life because I believe in the presence of God is where you find the miracles, the magic, the healing, the deliverance, and that which makes life worth living.  I want God's presence in EVERY PART OF MY LIFE.  

Yes, as a proactive single who is going through it to get to it, I told God I want his presence to be in my relationship that is on its way.  I want it to be functional and the only way that will happen is if God is present because I can't do it in my own strength.

I got carried away with that and then my devotional was about Failing Forward and not getting so caught up in our failures and mistakes, but instead letting it propel us forward because it's an opportunity to receive wisdom and mature.


I know right?

Well anyway as I was carrying on about how it's a relief to know that I no longer have to put pressure on myself to be perfect and that I don't have to expect circumstances to be perfect in order to move forward.

I just felt an overwhelming sense of freedom and by the time I looked at the clock I was already 20 minutes behind.

A word from the Lord

Before our pastor got up to preach, he began to talk about the overwhelming presence of the Lord in the house.  He wasn't lying.  The choir was ministering so strongly in song and you could absolutely sense something happening.  There was a hunger in the house.  For the past two weeks we've been praying: Pour out your spirit in this place and pour out your spirit on me.  

So before the Pastor begins to preach he opens the altar to people for a refilling of the spirit, healing, deliverance, and just come forward if you need more of the Lord.

The sister that prayed for me was the same sister from meltdown Sunday.  She also knows some of the struggles I have been facing in my life.  She spoke a word from the Lord and it hit me right in the GUTS.  It was almost a physical touch from God.  I felt that one way down deep.  Here is some of what she shared.

God will give you the strength to endure
Speak light into the darkness
Speak the word of God
When others come with the condemnation and craziness speak love because love will cover it.
You can't do this in your own strength and in your own motivation.  But by his spirit.

Now this is the one that Got me:  God will reward you openly.  

That one hit me like a ton of bricks because I want my testimony to be public.  I want it to be open and for people to see what faith can do.  I believe there is power in testimonies and people can be set free by listening to how someone else overcame.

Her last words as we left the Altar were:  VICTORY.  VICTORY. VICTORY.

At this point I could have gone home.

LET IT GO!!!!

After all of that the Pastor began to preach and his subject was about running the race that is set before us as we see in Hebrews 12.

His first point:  LET IT GO

Let go of all the weights and sins that are entangling us.  I just shook my head in amazement.  His other points were to persevere, stay focused, and focus on Christ Jesus as we run the race ahead.

It's time for me to let a lot of stuff go:  The need to be perfect, the need to be right, worrying about what others are doing, comparing myself to others, getting distracted and losing focus on the main thing, and trying to figure it all out.

All of these things are unfruitful and holding me back from running this race of faith.

I'm failing forward because it's time

When I did the Proverbs 31 A Confident Heart Bible Study last year, I really loved how Renee Swope talked about Failing Forward.  My attitude toward failure has been to wallow in it and admit defeat.

Well no longer. 

 Even on situations I look back on and cringe, I can see the good that came of it.  Some of the worst decisions I've made have led to my biggest breakthroughs.

It's time for me to fail forward because it's time.  It's time to go in and take the land and I can't do that being entangled in the bondage of perfectionism, doubt, and fear.

The scripture today said it all.

Hebrews 12:1-3

 Since we have such a huge crowd of men of faith watching us from the grandstands, let us strip off anything that slows us down or holds us back, and especially those sins that wrap themselves so tightly around our feet and trip us up; and let us run with patience the particular race that God has set before us.
Keep your eyes on Jesus, our leader and instructor. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterwards; and now he sits in the place of honor by the throne of God.
If you want to keep from becoming fainthearted and weary, think about his patience as sinful men did such terrible things to him.

To God be the Glory


Comments

Popular Posts