The Turning Point



June 30, 2013


Mark it down: The new chapter of my life started on this date

That morning I woke up and started my normal Sunday morning routine.  Listen to my gospel music, do devotionals, read some scriptures, and spend some time in my prayer journal.  Well something about that morning felt 
different. In my prayer journal I wrote that I was expecting something to happen during the service.  I wrote that I was expecting a MIGHTY MOVE OF GOD.  I was expecting a word from the Lord for my life on this day.





No longer

Before we go any further let me back up.  The Sunday before this happened, I went to the altar for prayer and one of the deacons said, "No longer. The Lord is calling you deeper to him.  You want to go in deeper, and you can NO LONGER HOLD on to things which are holding you back."  She was right.  Let's just say repentance, restoration, and forgiveness were a mega theme during that altar call.  God caused stuff to come out I wasn't even looking for, but NEEDED to be handled. I called it "Meltdown Sunday" and I needed it.

Well let's go back to June 30.  So by this point I am very excited because I was CONVINCED something was going to happen.  Something exciting, something epic, something LIFE CHANGING was going to happen.  I was so excited that I decided to get dressed up for the occasion in my favorite skirt.  This is important to mention because I live in workout clothes and sneakers.  Me getting dressed up is a pretty big deal   


Side note:  My skirt was too big and was falling down. I put a safety pin on and kept it moving.  Clothes being too big is a great cause for excitement, but that wasn't it.

Church was incredibly inspiring that day because it was the day when people shared their testimonies before their baptism.  You never really know what people have gone through and how God saved their lives.  It is awesome to share in the moment where they proclaim to the world that they are a believer.

So I get to the end of the day and all I know is that something had happened to me that day.  I don't know what it was. The day was epic, but there was no KABOOM moment.  I must have stayed up until midnight listening to gospel music, crying, and thanking God for the day.  From that day on, I could not get enough of Him.  I WANTED to spend time with God.  Before this, I did spend time with him but it was more out of habit.  Now I found myself SEEKING God more than ever before.

It was clear that it was time to stop playing games with my faith.  Either I was going to be all in with God or not.  From then on, I began to say "Yes" to God even if I didn't know what I was saying Yes to.  I began to cut ties with people who wanted access into my life because the only people that could help me were people with Holy Ghost power behind them.  I only wanted what God wanted for my life, and I wanted to be in his will and in his flow.  June 30 was the turning point.



Comments

Popular Posts