Week 4: Breaking Chains


There is POWER in the name of Jesus
TO BREAK EVERY CHAIN

I almost can't believe this is the topic of the week.  This song has been on my heart for most of the summer and in particular this week.  I think I've listened to it at least 10-15x in a row every night this week while worshipping and praying for chains to be broken not only in my own life, but other people.

Last year the chain that needed to be broken in my life was the idea that I am not good enough to receive whatever God has for me. 

 Thanks to the Battlefield of the Mind devotional, conference, making a mess out of things again and again but finally learning my lesson, and of course continuing to pray for improvement I have been strengthened in this area.  It isn't perfect of course, but it certainly is better than it was.

This year I have been convicted about my negative doom and gloom outlook.  I'm always rationalizing, intellectualizing, and figuring out WHY something won't work.  I EXPECT disappointment and that way when it happens I'm not surprised.  What type of results does that get you?  You guessed it!  More disappointment.

These are common thoughts of mine

This isn't a good idea.  I think this is too old, too young, too small, too big, too long, too short, too poor, too much drama, too much whatever.

See!  I knew it...I just knew this wouldn't work out.  

Why do I even bother?  Why do I even waste my time?

It's always going to be someone else.  It's never going to be me.  Things work out for other people, but not me.

I'm about ready to give up on this entire idea.  There's no point!  Forget it!  It hasn't worked out in the past and it won't work out now!

Me and my mouth always make a mess out of things

Nothing good is ever going to happen.

Of course I also jump to conclusions and try to run ahead of the Lord to tell him why his plan is a bad idea.  

Since the great revival of June 30, I know that if I am going to receive God's blessings  I need to change my attitude.  I'm always ready to give up because I don't really believe anything good is going to happen. (That in itself is so stupid because my ENTIRE LIFE is a testimony to God's faithfulness)

From the beginning of the week until now, the Lord has been speaking to me on this subject.

I get in the car on Sunday to go to the gym before church and the song is "Wait on the Lord" He keeps his word. Don't be discouraged.Trust and depend on him.I read the scripture of the day 

Isaiah 41:10
Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand!"

I get to church and the Pastor is preaching: "Ready for take off" taken from Isaiah 40:27-31  
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings like eagles.

It got to the point where God was asking me to continue that task he asked me to do a few months ago.  It makes no sense, but makes all the sense in the world.  I still don't get it...and don't really care. Trying to make sense of it all, makes no sense at all.

During my time with the Lord this week, it was all about trusting God and believing Him.  Several scriptures stuck out to me.

Luke 12:11 Don't worry about what to say in advance because the Lord will tell you what to say.  It isn't you talking, but the Holy Spirit.

John 11:40 Didn't I tell you that you would see the glory of God if you believed.

So I declare today that in the name of Jesus I am breaking the chain of doom and gloom thinking.  From this day forward, I am choosing to believe God and not what my eyes and intellect are telling me.  I am not worried about what to say or how I am going to mess things up.  I know that the Lord will help and strengthen me in my weaknesses.  

I am determined to see the GLORY OF GOD IN MY LIFE so that means I MUST BELIEVE.  I am DETERMINED TO WALK WITH JESUS AND SAY YES TO HIS PURPOSES FOR MY LIFE.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New Life Version)
For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.










Comments

  1. The "discovery" period always tests our faith and as we wait, why oh why, do we try to rush the work He is doing? I love your raw honesty and your determination and your declaration. Break those chains sister and let God lead the way by faith. Blessings to you!

    Trish (P31 OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts