52 Days to Rebuild: We're on to Cincinnati



Bill Belichick is one of the all-time greatest coaches. Not known for being friendly and open with the media, a few years ago he gave a legendary press conference.
The New England Patriots had suffered a pretty bad loss on Monday Night Football and many speculated that was the end of the road for Belichick and Tom Brady.
When the media began to question him about what went wrong and if this was the truly the end, he had one answer for them:
“We’re on to Cincinnati”
No matter how they tried to frame the question or get him to talk about what was happening with the team all he would say is:
“We’re on to Cincinnati”
“We’re getting ready for Cincinnati."
He would not be moved. He didn’t want to dwell on that loss. He would adjust the game plan and then…
“We’re on to Cincinnati”
This is my theme for the Summer and quite possibly the rest of the year. I have a lot of outcomes that I’d like to see happen and I frankly do not have time for silliness, nonsense, and endeavors that are not in alignment with what I want to create.

Focusing on the Mission

The first six months of this year has been exciting, full of intrigue, and I have learned so much but now it is time to get focused on the mission.

At the midpoint of the year I always do a review of what's happened so far.  What are some big wins, what's working, and what should we move on from.

I've decided to move on completely from some experiments.  

I think after the Bible Study Basics sermonette, I realized that I have a different calling and it's time to move in that direction and let some stuff go.  I feel good about the decision to move on and I'm excited about the teammates and family that are going to come in this new volume.

What about this?



My theme for June was Let it Go and I've let it Go. If something is going to happen, then it will be because God made it happen and not because I forced my way in or tried to manipulate the situation.

I am nobody's counterfeit so I don't have to do any of that.

Not by Power
Not by might
Not in my own strength
But By His Spirit

I woke up on July 1 with the Travis Greene Song, "You made a way" in my head.  Specifically this verse.

You move mountains
You cause walls to fall
With Your Power 
You do miracles....

The difference between now and a year ago is that I would have thought that I needed to force my way in to help move the mountains and cause the walls to fall.  Now I am getting out of the way and allowing God to move the mountains and cause the walls to fall.  It's a rebuilding project and I'm rebuilding God's way.

If this ain't it, then this ain't it and that's okay.  It was an experiment and...we're on to Cincinnati.

Pray and don't say

One of the things I learned in our Foundations Class at Shiloh was this concept of Praying and not Saying.  Sometimes God will show us things not to say anything but to pray about it.

I'm not doing so hot at this right now.

There's a situation that has been bothering me for a while now.  I don't know what it is and I refuse to go digging around to find out.  What I do know is that on separate occasions others have made mention about it as well to me and I haven't even brought it up. 

I have been relieved to know that it's not just me offering judgment and criticism but something is definitely not right.

This is a great lesson in discernment.

My job isn't to go in and tell people they aren't doing it right.
My job is not to let people know that something is rotten in the cotton.  
My job is also not to keep going to antagonize and get frustrated because it's not up to my standards.
My job is to be ready if and when I am called upon. 

The Launch of Something

I have told people that we are going to launch something by the end of the summer.  What this something is, I don't know.  I have my ideas but I want this to be spirit-led.  I definitely don't want it to be competition and I don't want it to be contentious.  I want to create a space for what I see as a call to leadership of high energy, mission oriented, and like minded people who want substance and to glorify God.

We've been called for such a time as this.  I know it and it's time to get in action.

I'm not interested in going over the past or falling for distractions.

I am looking to that which lies ahead.

We're on to Cincinnati




Comments

Popular Posts