40 Day Prayer Challenge Birthday 2019

Last year when I was at the Cleansing Streams retreat, one of the prophets said I'm getting a date:
August 17

"That's my birthday," I answered.

The entire room was stunned.

She went on to say that I don't look forward to it (which is definitely true) and that my mourning would be turned to dancing.

You see why now I was convinced we were in the Twilight Zone

40 Days of Circling

I decided to do something different this year.  In anticipation of August 17 and this new volume of life, I decided to do the 40 Day Prayer Challenge.  I usually do it around Lent but I felt like if you want something different, then you've got to do something different.  Praying and Fasting seem to be my jam so I'm rolling with it to get very intentional about this new era.

I am focused.  I'm on to Cincinnati.

The Book of Acts Summer Course

I love Dr. Nina Baratiak at Shiloh Church.  I always said if I had the chance to learn from anyone, then it would be her.  I am so inspired of her love of the word and her brilliant insights. (Her testimony is quite stunning as well.)

When it was announced she would be teaching a Book of Acts summer seminar, I signed up immediately.  I truly believe it's a turning point in the church and revival is imminent.  So we should get acquainted with how the early church moved with such power.  We are ALL called to be witnesses with power.

Anyway the first class was something else as she recounted the story of Lazarus being resurrected in John 11.  If you read this blog, then you know John 11:40 is a prophetic word for me.

40 Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?”
So yeah. I was sitting there thinking: "Wow we're going to do this aren't we?  This is all really gonna happen."

Not to mention she was speaking my language about: "Getting your mind right" and Mindset mattering most.  If we don't have our minds right, then we won't be able to receive what God has for us.

Mindblowing.

With this class, I've been thinking:  If we're going to have revival, then what are we going to bring the people to?  Are we going to have them show up and get lost?  Are we going to feed them fluff n stuff and then why they just chase emotionalism and experiences?  

No no no no. 

So I'm motivated to get started in building a team to support these people and to strengthen the people we already have. In my Bible Study Basics class, I saw some really great teachers but are they just going to waste?  We can't have this!

Get Ready Get Ready Get Ready

All I hear the Lord saying is to, "Get Ready" and to "Be Ready" for when we get called.  I've told several people to be ready.  This is the time for training and preparation.

I've said this and I believe it:  By next year I believe a lot of things will be different at Shiloh.  Good different.  

Usually before something like a revival happens, you'll have the mediocre and lukewarm still doing their thing and then once the fire falls and the glory comes down, it's a wrap.    Not even a topic of conversation anymore.

When I went to the retreat I was so inspired by the way the leaders of the Young Adults were genuinely invested in their youth.  That is hard hard work but it is bearing fruit because those young people are locked in and serving.  They are also walking in their gifts.  It's incredible to watch and exactly what leadership is:  Leadership is about Influence and helping people to thrive and grow.

I came away with this impression from this retreat:  Next year things will be different.

The hard part will not be storming the gates and making enemies in the process.  I'm simply going to do what I do and then come what may.  I pray that we will have a group that is ALIVE and thriving.

No telling what will happen next!! The Lioness is ready!!


Comments

Popular Posts