Relationships and Community: Pray don't say

"Sometimes God will show you something  not for you to say something but so that you can pray about it and not say anything. Pray and don't say" - Sister Pat in our Foundations Class at Shiloh Church

The Light Bulb went on:  That is it! 

That piece of wisdom was so good that a few of us had to write it down.


A year of vision

Last year during the Spring my theme was: Fresh Vision inspired by Dr. Nina at Shiloh Church.  I felt like my eyes were opened all right and right after that is when life descended into the Twilight Zone.

This also happened

I figured it was all a mirage because I was making things up or maybe some encouragement.  Maybe it was just another reason to be disappointed.

Almost a full year in, Pray and don't say seems to be the best way to describe it.

A year to remember

It's been about a year since Pastor Jules Moore preached a sermon about probability, possibility, and being in alignment.  That Sunday he also picked people out of the audience and my ears perked up and for some reason I felt like there were some seeds in there for me.

You can read that post here

In that post you'll read about the new friend I made at Shiloh named Patty.  Well Patty was the one who suggested I sign up for Cleansing Streams a few months later and my life has never been the same.  

It has been a year to remember and we are just getting to breakthrough.

God doesn't do things like the world does them..and nor does he follow specific processes or plans.  He does things in his own way so that we know for sure that it's:

Not by Force
Not by Might
Not in our own strength

But By His Spirit

So yes God has shown me things...and not just this

This is included but it's just part of the vision...not the entire vision.  In my immaturity I thought it was because he wanted me to storm the gates or he would deliver immediately like it happens for other people.

But I'm not other people.

There was so much more...so much more.  
There was so much I needed to learn and so much I needed to rid myself of

I needed to understand that:
There is a price to pay.
There is a cost.  
There's training, there's studying, there's humbling, and of course...
There's Prayer.

I remembered when I prayed: "Lord make me different" and I even asked for a double portion of patience.

How he took me up on that offer!

One of the main reasons for the existence of this blog is to capture lessons, moments, and for readers to see my own journey of faith.  I didn't have it all figured out.  I quit, I wandered, I grumbled, I complained, I doubted, and yet God was and is faithful through all of it.

Now we are coming to the breakthrough season....We sang this amazing song by Elevation Worship  on Sunday and it's been my declaration this week and in this season of my life.

I know Breakthrough is Coming
By Faith I see a Miracle
My God made me a Promise
And it won't stop now!



Can't stop! Won't Stop!

Comments

Popular Posts