Relationships and Community: Let us Not Get Weary in Well Doing


My theme for this Month of March in 2019 is Community. 

I believe it's an extension of last month's theme of relationships.  I am feeling an urgency and calling to develop a faith based community.  There are a lot of them out there but I think many of them lack true substance.  They also lack the foundation of God's word which is why my community will be built upon actual Bible Study. 

Christian Lifestyle Books are great and I will use them as resources but I think that what the people actually need is a Bible study.  Biblical and Spiritual illiteracy are at an all time high and I think we need a group that actually addresses this issue. 

I also believe that I am called to start a community that is structured.  I see too much flittering about with younger people.  People aren't accountable and they show up when it's convenient.  People need structure.  I am in two classes now at my church and I believe the reason it's so rich and we learn so much is because it is so structured.  People need guidelines especially with all of the distractions that we have going.

I've known that I am supposed to start the Lioness Movement since last year but now it's time to start getting into action about it.


Preparation

I'm in heavy study right now myself.  I'm taking 2 Classes at Shiloh and then I'm also doing an Online Bible Study on Ezra and Nehemiah.  Those two helped to rebuild the culture and bring revival after the Jewish people returned to Israel after their captivity in Babylon.  I believe that's part of my calling to help rebuild and do my part for revival.

I believe any good teacher is a lifelong learner and must devote themselves to study and life application so that they have something to teach the people.

I've said I feel this sense of urgency and while I'm tempted to believe I am doing too much, I can't shake the feeling that I need to do this NOW.  It's a season of acceleration and I need to obey.

Not getting Weary in Well Doing




I have to admit even with all of the urgency, the learning, and the clarity I've been discouraged.  I've wondered if I'm making it all up.  Am I setting myself up to be disappointed yet again?  Is this all a pipe dream?  Was it all just wishful thinking?  It seemed like things were moving along and then it all went dead.


Believe God is working even when you don’t feel it. Sometimes you will have a short, intense burst of growth (springtime) followed by a period of stabilizing and testing.  - Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life

Oh so that’s what happening.


Earlier this year I prayed:  Make it right or make it go away.  If it went away...great but where is the replacement?  Where is the right thing?

There have been no answers so I continue on but I've had to go to the King James and repeat this to myself:

Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

I have vowed not to give up this time.  I have vowed to do it God's way this time and not let disillusionment, disappointment, discouragement, and self-sabotage win.  

In our Worship as a Lifestyle class, the teacher basically taught that lesson.  She shared powerful testimonies about God's faithfulness if you don't give up.  We witnessed someone connect with it in a powerful way.

I wrote in my notes:

Yield your timetable to the Lord. The Lord says: It pleases me to do what it is best for you even when you grumble and complain.

This morning as I was reading the Purpose Driven Life Rick Warren wrote,

A delay is not a denial from God
I truly believe that is a word for me in this season and then he quoted one of my favorite "High Energy" scriptures.  I read this and my energy goes up!

““For the vision is yet for the appointed [future] time It hurries toward the goal [of fulfillment]; it will not fail. Even though it delays, wait [patiently] for it, Because it will certainly come; it will not delay.”‭‭HABAKKUK‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭AMP‬‬

It's an ongoing process

Much like Fitness and anything else, this Growth and Maturity process is just that:  A Process.  It doesn't happen overnight and we cannot take shortcuts.  

We can attend all the seminars, conferences, and read all of the books but it won't speed God's timetable up.  If anything all that stuff does is confuse us, distract us, and make us more frustrated that things aren't happening fast enough.
  
This is what I have had to admit to myself this year: It's a process and my intellect isn't going to speed things along.  It just makes me more frustrated.

So I am going to keep on keeping on.  I'm going to keep praying, studying, and forming my community.  I do believe the harvest season is upon us!

Comments

Popular Posts