Level Up: Building a Mystery

I'm showing my age here but remember that Sarah Mclachlan song, "Building a Mystery?"  That's what I've been thinking about today.

As I spent my Quiet Time this morning reviewing my blog for this year, I thought about several things.  This whole year has been about me getting my mind right.  

As I shared with the Shiloh Young Professionals group, when I declared this scripture over my life I didn't know I was signing up for the Twilight Zone.



I think I thought I would just receive what God has for me and there wouldn't be any real work involved.  It would be like a big reveal in a movie.

I also think I believed  God would just show me and then he would give it to me.  Just hand it on over to me.


I don't know what I was thinking.  

Instead this entire year we have built a mystery. Things have gotten downright weird and strange at times.  

This Past spring I said this about mystery:


In my single journey I have had to realize that sometimes there are mysteries of God and that's part of the whole faith thing.

We don't know when and we don't know why.



As Mark Batterson says We have to leave room for the mysteries of God. most of us do not want this. We want everything to  fit into our formulas and plans

For the record I don't think I need any more big clues.    

I think the point now is that  only God's wisdom can reveal the mystery in the way it should be revealed.

What do I mean?

It means trying to reveal the mystery with human wisdom would cheapen the experience and it wouldn't hold a candle to the perfect will of God once it's revealed.  God is in the details and he enjoys putting together every last detail.

“The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.”‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:23‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Even though I think I've figured out the big clues (which is so obvious that even oh me of little faith didn't miss it)

I have zero clue of the detail and how God's wisdom has gone before me in the situation.  All of that will be revealed soon enough and I am positive it will beyond anything I could ask or think.


During this building of the Mystery, my own valley of dry bones has reawakened.  I have taken to declaring (well really hollering in my car) Ezekiel 37. 

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley; and it was full of bones. He caused me to pass all around them, and behold, there were very many [human bones] in the open valley; and lo, they were very dry. 
My Valley of Dry bones were very very dry.  Like....dehydrated.  (Interesting note:  One of the synonyms for Dry is Barren.)  Yes my valley of dry bones was pretty much barren.


 ‘Behold, I will make [a]breath enter you so that you may come to life. I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin, and I will put breath in you so that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the Lord.’”
When this started I thought, "Ohhhh no.  I'm not here for it and this ain't it.  I like attending Shiloh and don't want to have to stop attending for going psycho chick."




The more I resisted, the more I couldn't stop seeing it.  Then when I would decide I made it all up and I should give up, something would happen and I would think: "There's no way I could have made that happen or made it up."

And you will know that I am the Lord....

That's the whole point.  It's supposed to feel like The Twilight Zone because the only person that should receive the Glory is God.


Building and Revealing the Mystery

In the process of building this mystery, so many exciting things have happened and yes I have gained new strength.  (I've been pretty pleased with not having to leave Shiloh in shame because I acted poorly) and I have renewed my power by getting clear about who I am and whose authority I walk in.

This week is the Big Cleansing Streams Retreat.  I am excited and nervous about all that may happen there.  I know it will be incredible and who knows?  More of the Mystery may be revealed.

I know one thing for sure.  Breakthrough is Coming and we're going to Level Up!



Comments

Popular Posts