Level Up: Building Mysteries and Revealing Secrets

Curiouser and Curiouser 

That's how this week feels before our Big Cleansing Streams Retreat.

This was the Verse of the Day on November 27





The Day after I posted about Building a Mystery, we get this scripture.  I have to say that I love the Amplified version of the scripture.

 ‘Call to Me and I will answer you, and tell you [and even show you] great and mighty things, [things which have been confined and hidden], which you do not know and understand and cannot distinguish.’
Have to say that I am loving the theme of this week:  Mysteries and Secrets!!

I'm ready for the Big Reveal!  This has felt like the Twilight Zone and since I've gotten the big clues for the outcome, I'm not pressed about that anymore.  As a matter of fact, I'm at peace about it but I'm so curious about the story and what doesn't make any sense.  I'm curious about the secrets and this mystery.

I said this earlier in the year when I was reading Lioness Awakening by Lisa Bevere:

As the ever so wise Lisa Bevere said in her book Lioness awakening. We want a map, but instead God weaves us a mystery.

So true!  I wanted a map and a formula but all I got was weirdo stuff and feeling like I was in the Twilight Zone. 


This scripture in Jeremiah said we can call to the Lord and he will tell us and show us the great and mighty things that have been confined and hidden which I didn't know and can't distinguish....so I did just that!  I am nosy so I'm excited to see the secrets revealed, some of the mysteries be solved, and to be left with my jaw on the ground.  


The Great Sin According to C.S. Lewis

I am reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and he spends an entire chapter discussing what he calls, "The Great Sin".  

The Great Sin is Pride

I found myself squirming while reading the chapter because he's so right.  Pride leads us to believe we are better than others, always competing with others, and feeling entitled.

If I'm being honest with myself, then pride is the reason I've been going around the same mountains over and over again.  On this blog I've discussed my problems with Selfish Ambition and Self Preservation.  Those are all a function of Pride.  

I can make all the excuses I want to about how it's due to my background and what have you. That may be true but it's no excuse.  I know better now and I must do better now.

Pride is the reason I didn't want to do the Grow Track to be official at Shiloh - I said I would never join another church.  I didn't want to be accountable to anyone.  (Pride)

Pride is why I get so frustrated about the dating thing- HELL-O Why must I wait so long?  Surely I am better than these other bozos.  I deserve whatever I want without having to work through the process for it.

Pride keeps me anxious and insecure because I want to always outdo the next one.

Pride is a stumbling block for many people and especially in an individualistic and competitive society like ours but we don't like to talk about it.  I bet if someone was to do a lesson on Pride at a Christian conference, they would have the lowest attendance and asked not to come back.

However people would need to know that one of the reasons they may not be getting their breakthrough is due to pride.

Oof!

T-2 Days until the Big Retreat!!  Time to Breakthrough!!





Comments

Popular Posts