Living so that...you actually see that there is a bigger purpose!

Last week I celebrated the beginning of another trip around the sun.  

I am truly grateful for all that I've experienced this year and these past 3 years have just been incredible.  I am so thankful.  So so thankful. 

Actually that's how I felt the whole day.  Just super super thankful.  From getting my health together, to meeting Caterina and the Thriving Women in Business, starting my speaking career, and just realizing that had I gotten what I wanted my life would not be what it is now.  So I am super thankful.

With that said, I am focusing on several parts of my life that need attention this trip around the sun.  Stuff I've been afraid of dealing with and stuff that I want but start on the "What if?" highway to Hell.


Living So That...

I do like this Book and I remember back when I first went through the study in 2015, I was in between a rock and a hard place.  I had come out of the wilderness of 2014 and was starting to see the light in the distance but I still didn't get it.  I didn't have a lot of the answers that I have now which completely changed a lot of my perspective on what is being said in this study.

For one thing: I know NOW that God knows best.  I know that what we want could lead to catastrophe so I am cheering on the author as she talks about this.

I get it now.  Your SO THAT should focus on the bigger picture.  For those of us who are believers, we should be LIVING SO THAT GOD RECEIVES THE GLORY.

Didn't I tell you that you would see God's Glory....

One of the stories we studied was the resurrection of Lazarus.   All through the story is that it all happened so God would receive the glory and people would REALLY believe.

One of the promises I have circled and I really believe is that of John 11:40 that we studied in this story.  Jesus said: "Didn't I tell you that you would see God's Glory if you believed?"  Amen.  I think of how Sister Overall told me at Shiloh Church that it is already done and how Ingrid wants me to come back to testify which I fully plan on doing.

Learning from your mistakes SO THAT you can help others.

In our study the author has us studying a passage in 1 Corinthians where Paul says that we go through trials to comfort others.

Well I have messed up plenty and I want to use my lessons to help others and give them comfort.  Now I am already doing this in my business but I am planning on sharing more because people need to know that they aren't alone.  That in itself is comforting.  Most people have been brainwashed to believe that they are all alone and it is not true.

Even when it comes to my worries and concerns about fertility and whether or not I will be able to have children, women are hesitant to discuss this but not me.  I believe that I must be loud and proud to give comfort to other women to know that they are not alone.

As I am reviewing old journals, I do laugh as well as cringe at how horrible I acted and just what NOT to do.  I plan on sharing these embarrassing tales but also reminding people that there is victory because that is comforting as well.

God Irrevocably Close Doors that should not be opened


Good thing I track everything because in those old journals I wrote about how my friend told me that her parents taught her to pray:  "Lord Irrevocably Close Doors that should not be opened"

Me: "No way!  That means I won't....get what I want" (Light bulb went on)

Her:  Riiiight.

Well we have been irrevocably closing doors that should not be opened around these parts and it's all good.  Matter of fact it's like this.



SO THAT.....

It's not about me.  
It's not about me.
It's not about me.

My SO THAT can't be just about me.  That's so empty and pointless.  My SO THAT is for a bigger purpose.  It's also not about getting what I want but what God wants.

We are onto something exciting here!









Comments

Popular Posts