I am going to be the one to choose

Yesterday I had the most amazing conversation with my friend Judy.  You see Judy used to be a high end matchmaker and she said something to me yesterday that totally clicked and seemed to be RIGHT in line with where my mindset is at the moment.

She said:  "Geneva you are not going to be the one to be chosen.  YOU are going to do the choosing." 

She's absolutely right.  I am the one who is going to be doing the choosing.


The rise of the Pick me generation

In our culture now women seem to be of the mind that they will do anything to get picked.  They brag about cooking and cleaning to try to attract men or talk about how they will put up with anything as long as they are chosen.

Getting picked is the ultimate win.  It doesn't matter if the guy respects her or wants to give her a REAL commitment with marriage.  She's fine with being wifey and doing all of the duties of being a wife without the emotional, spiritual, and yes....legal benefits.

I'm not interested in that.  To paraphrase a hilarious line from Karen Huger of the Real Housewives of Potomac. "That's not something a woman of MY quality would do"



Many women think that the prize is being PICKED.  They are passive about their entire situation and they also lack standards, boundaries, and expectations.  This is not good because they end up with men who don't respect them because they do not have respect for themselves.

I am doing the picking

The truth of the matter is that I am someone who knows what she wants and if I see something in someone that moves me and stirs me up, then I am going to choose them (using the power of discernment).  I'm talking about having my mind right while doing the choosing.

A lot of men do not think they are good enough.  They feel as if they are disappointments and they have low self worth.  

Sadly these types of men seek external validation and attention by dating "pick me" women and dingbats, sleeping with every woman in town with no real commitment, with material items, or trying to be celebrities.

What so many men don't realize is that the emptiness they feel will never be cured by these outside "things"  Beloved, The low self esteem, insecurity, and low confidence will not change until they do the work of healing!  That won't happen as long as they are hanging around others who suffer these same problems or looking to celebrities as influences.

By me doing the picking I am saying, "Yes my friend you are worth it.  I'm picking you because I see who you are now and who you will be. I'm picking you because you are amazing and superb.  I am a woman on a mission so because I've picked you...there's something of value that I see that needs to be in my life." 

Chances are he feels the same and it's my job to let him know that it's the right decision and he is the right man for the job!  yesssssssss.  I'm signing up to be his hype man for life....and I'm really good at it!

 Due to my faith, I believe that it won't be random or by chance.  It will be specific and on purpose SO THAT we get a really good story for God to be glorified.

This is an important development!  Please stay tuned.  

Comments

Popular Posts