Leaving Sundays: Crazy Love - Leaving Church....

Chan says when he went overseas and told people that American Christians leave church due to the worship wars, child care, and other mundane issues they laughed hysterically. They couldn't believe that is what we call Christianity.

As Chan says in many of parts of the world Christianity is serious business because it costs too much to believe so why would people do it unless they were serious about Jesus

They think it is laughable that we could reduce the call to follow Jesus and make disciples to an invitation to sit in a church service. - Francis Chan

This is my second year of not attending church and although I miss the singing and the sermons, I can't stomach the thought of going back at this time to a forced and faux community. I also can't with the emptiness I feel in church. I don't want to go back to The lack of depth and the resulting emptiness.

Then I read about what kind of “church” Francis Chan has. You worship for ten minutes, pray, go out into the world for a few hours to share your faith, and then come back and say what God did.

That sounds great but also uncomfortable and scary so yes it's easy to criticize  church but to step out and take radical steps of faith is also harder than it sounds.

If you are not living on mission, then it's doubtful you will experience [God's] power -Francis Chan

I want to live a missional life because I know that's what will have the most impact. Living a missional life can be scary on many levels because there's rejection and so much uncertainty but that's why we must pray for courage to not lose heart and give up.

The spirit doesn't lead people to live Lukewarm lives - Francis Chan

That's what I believe. I don't believe the spirit leads people to live Lukewarm, low energy, and defeated lives because what is the point?

John 10:10 The thief’s purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.

So if all of that is true then we shouldn't be leading pitiful Pete and pathetic Pam lives.


To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts