Proverbs 31 OBS Listen Love Repeat Week 2: Knocking on the door may be for the other person




I'm at an interesting place on This Sacred Journey.

Even though I don't want to be like the Children of Israel and come up with all the reasons why something won't work or this just isn't it, I am  still finding those thoughts in my head but it doesn't bother me.  I think, "Well that's fine if that ain't it.  I've been wrong before and I am sure glad I was!  God knows better than me"

Here's something I've been mulling over since reading this chapter

I think there is always this temptation to believe that when God knocks on your heart to prompt you to knock on someone else's door, that you will get something tangible out of it.

Maybe you will and maybe you won't.

Maybe the whole point of knocking on their door was to change you and not for you to get a gift out of the situation and that's fine. 

Gaining Clarity on what I want

After the Geneen Roth workshop, the words that struck me so strongly was after we did an eating exercise and the woman said:  "It tastes artificial but it's better than nothing" and Geneen said "Aha!  That' settling.  It's better than nothing."

Well as this year has marched on, I started thinking about what I really want.  I want a thriving business with purpose and impact.

I want a life partner who is mature and focused on his own mission, purpose, and impact.  I want a PARTNER.  I don't want a boy who wants a Mother to take care of him.  I don't want an adolescent or teenage boy who is still making excuses for poor behavior, doesn't act like an adult, and doesn't understand the importance of legacy and generational wealth.

I certainly don't want a man who does not take an active role with his children (if he already has them) 

I want a partner who would be a good role model for my children and who I can respect as a man.

Sooooo with that being said, I will not settle for anything less than that.  Even if I had made up stories in my head, I will not believe those stories.  I will believe what is.  

I refuse to settle for less because it is better than nothing.

I think God has more for me.  Something  bigger.  Something that is bigger than anything I could ask for or imagine.  

So what did all of that have to do with Knocking on the Door

I think that there's a temptation amongst people to believe that when God knocks on your heart that you will always receive something when you knock on someone's door.

I think for single women in particular they have to be careful about believing this.  

If a man isn't knocking on your door, then you shouldn't go knocking on his no matter what stories you have made up.  Single women have a bad habit of making up stories in their head believing that God knocked on their hearts so that the man they are fancying can knock on their doors.

This is not always true and you have to let those stories go 

I believe that when God knocks on our hearts it is to change US and not for us to get something  tangible out of it.  I've had experiences when God knocked on my heart about someone and my life was transformed.  If that's all I got out of it, then that was MORE THAN ENOUGH.

I don't need my stories in my head to be true.

I think I am going to let God reveal the story to me instead of me trying to jump ahead.

Besides we should not be expecting something every time God knocks on our hearts about someone. We should be honored that he would trust us with the mission.


Bottom Line:  When God knocks on our hearts and we knock on someone else's door, we should not expect anything but to be transformed by the mission God has sent us on.
We may be the only one praying for them and giving these people any airtime before the throne!

This is what I have been thinking about during this Bible Study!  

Comments

Popular Posts