Proverbs 31 OBS Listen, Love, Repeat Week 2: So who do they see??

Christians these days aren't doing so hot in the public relations department.

It's not just amongst "Non-believers".  Even amongst Believers people seem flabbergasted that folks who claim to follow a teacher who taught love, compassion, humility, and getting along with people different from them are so divisive and mean spirited.

I think this last election really was eye opening for many people. All of the terrible things that were said and how hard the Christian right was clinging to Donald Trump was puzzling at best.  I can understand not liking Hillary Clinton as a candidate and thinking she was the wrong person to lead the country, but now Donald Trump is the poster child for Evangelical Christianity and a great man of God.

I really believe all of the false teaching that has focused on the prosperity gospel is what led us to this point.  That teaching would say that a man as rich as Trump is blessed and highly favored.  What I also don't understand is that many of these people said terrible things about President Obama and his family but now we should have respect for the President.

It's really not a good look for Evangelical Christianity.

What really gets me is the lack of compassion for the poor and people who are fleeing war torn lands (often wars started for greed).  These people who talk about Jesus who said one of the best things you could do was to love your neighbor as you love yourself are NOT here for the poor and people who are being run out of their homelands.

There but for the grace of God go all of us.  

I have left organized religion for the moment.  I just can't go along with it at this moment and time. I'm not interested in keeping a church going or navigating all of the politics that go along with that. I'm wanting to get out in the world, take massive action, and see some lives change.

What I hope that people would see

I would hope people see the God that I claim to follow.

It's always surprising that people don't realize that the reason that nobody is interested in their church or their sermon is because they see the lives that are lived before them.

You cannot tell people about Jesus and your life is raggedy or you're mean and nasty to everyone. You have ZERO credibility in that case.  Just being kind to people is a major witness.

This Bible Study is a really good reminder that our job is to facilitate relationships that are built on love and not on "What have you done for me lately"

This past week I had the opportunity to serve at my business coach's summit and I tried to make it a point to serve people with love and kindness.  Customer service is seriously lacking these days and I think if our community is about empowerment from a place of love, then that starts with providing WORLD CLASS service.

Even when I was serving, I thought about the scripture:  Work as if you were working for God rather than people"

Our goal should always be that people see HIM in us.  


Comments

Popular Posts