P31 OBS: Uninvited Week 2 - That whole trusting God thing....

That whole Trusting God thing:

Does that apply only to big or little things?

Does that mean I actually have to trust God when I don't know how the story ends

Does that mean I can work on my own plans, try to solve my own problems, and then just bring God in at the end to bless it?

Raise your hand if that was ever your way of trusting God.  It surely was mine.


Big or Little Things

As I've gone along on This Sacred Journey, I've learned there are no little things.  Every decision we make is leading us somewhere.  It's either leading us on the way up or it's leading to the way down. 

I used to trust God for little things but not the big things.  I could take care of that myself.  I was the one who knew the answers to those problems and of course I was always wrong.  I was always afraid to trust God for big things because what if I didn't like the outcome?  What if the really big thing I wanted to do wasn't on God's agenda?

I've learned now that it's best to trust God in everything.  Unlike Sway, He ALWAYS has the answers...and he ESPECIALLY has the answers to  what we think are the BIG Questions in our lives.

Not knowing the outcome

I was not a fan of trusting God when I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out.  I wanted to know what the answer was before I committed to trusting because I just didn't want to end up disappointed like I usually did.

As the Great Joseph Garlington said, "It was time to say something different." 

The reason I was disappointed was because I had married myself to a particular outcome and if that didn't happen, then I was disappointed.  I have learned since then to divorce myself from any specific outcome because we really don't know WHAT God has planned for us.  I also learned that what we think is a great ending may not be so.  It's best to let God handle it from start to finish...It's also more exciting because God has a way of doing incredible plot twists like huh?  Where is THAT coming from?

I did it My Way

The Song "My Way" By Ole Blue Eyes is my Life Anthem but when I say "I did it My Way" I want that to mean that I did it my way under the direction of the Most High.

I used to think I had all of the answers and I had to rely on my own abilities in order to get it done.  I am focused on self preservation so I was doing whatever it took to make sure that I did not go under...except I was going under anyway because my abilities and thoughts are no match for the thoughts of the Most High God.

We don't need to try and solve our own problems or think we need to have all of the answers.  We have to believe that God has our best interests at heart even if we're not necessarily fans of the way he is doing things.  It's all for our good and development process.

I can tell you that since turning it over to God more and more in the last 3 years I have developed more and become more self aware than ever.  I really do believe chains are breaking and I KNOW my mindset is totally different.

So all I'm saying is Give God a chance to solve your problems and show you the way.  Your way is probably not working to way...I know mine wasn't.  It was full of anxiety, angst, drama, and going NOWHERE.

Scripture Spotlight Hebrews 13:6

So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
    so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?”[a]
This is TRUTH.

The word that the Lord has placed upon my heart in this season is:  The Lord is with us and he shall not fail.

Maybe that is you.  Maybe you're facing some type of circumstance and you're afraid but say these words to yourself over and over again WITH CONFIDENCE

“The Lord is my helper,
    so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?”[a]

People may try to destroy you or tell you that your life is over but they are not your helpers. (They are certainly NOT your helpers if they are saying such terrible things to you)

Maybe what you are facing is because God wants to restore you to the original intent he had for your life.  Maybe he had to strip you of everything so you could finally get your MIND and SPIRIT RIGHT.  

I don't even know who reads this blog but I feel compelled to share these words today and so I roll with it.

This is the word of this season!  Listen, Enjoy, and Pray These Words.  Your Faith Shall not be shaken and NOTHING can separate you from the Love of God!  Amen!

To God be the Glory!




Comments

Popular Posts