Quitting Church: The Hypocrisy


I just spoke with two folks this week who no longer attend church because of hypocrisy.
That was something they turned me off from church growing up. These people were mean, hateful, and many had extremely dysfunctional families but they had time to talk about how everyone else was wrong. 

Over 20 years later the fruit they have produced has been rotten and yet they STILL have time to tell others they are going to hell because they don't show up for Sunday religious club meetings


I was also astounded at how many people don't even follow the teachings and don't even bother to hide it!


I always say when I was growing up, seeing the lives that were lives before me in church was all the proof I needed that this was not the way.


In Quitting Church someone mentioned how disenchanted they became after hanging with the leaders of the  evangelical crowd. He said they didn't even try to obey the teachings. I bet most of the pastors and pastors families that end up leaving also see the behind the scenes foolery and give up.


Yes all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God but there comes a point where the standards are simply too low.  Lying, Cheating members out of money, sleeping around with congregants, embezzling money, etc. is unacceptable and I don’t see how people think they will have any credibility if they continue to behave in such manners.

I don’t think people would take such joy in the public downfalls of these people if they weren’t so judgmental and loud about what everyone else is doing wrong.  It’s always the most sanctimonious people that get exposed as scumbags.

Comments

Popular Posts