Mar 1: One Year Later

One year ago I was very discouraged.  I was very discouraged about where I was going in my life and it seemed like I had been making steps forward only to get stuck yet again.

I had something that was brewing inside of me but I was so afraid of listening to it.

It was time for me to quit my job and go do what God had called me to do but I was scared.  I was scared to leave the "stability" and "security" of my job even though I had already mentally checked out because I wasn't sure what would happen next.

I was so afraid and yet I knew I had to do something.  I needed a word of encouragement or something.

On Sunday Mar 1, I went to Shiloh Church and there was Bishop Joseph Garlington.  His life changing word:  "It's time to Say Something different" had given me new life six months earlier and here he was again.  When they announced his name I nearly fell out in the pew.  Surely I was going to hear from God today.

And That I did.

He seemed to be talking directly to me when he said:

You are standing in the river of prosperity and damning your future.  WOW!!!  I was struck but the word that struck my life was from Isaiah.  Isaiah 34:16

Search the book of the Lord and see all that he will do; not one detail will he miss; not one kite will be there without a mate, for the Lord has said it, and his Spirit will make it all come true. (TLB)

He said that all God had said would come true and that his Spirit would make it all come true.  It will happen.  Oh how I believed and clung to that promise of God!!!

I wish I could say that was enough to persuade me to quit my job right then and there but it took me a few more weeks after a divine connection and word just made it abundantly clear that I wasn't getting the message that God was with me.

When I needed encouragement, the Lord spoke through his prophet and I truly believe the word when it says Believe the Prophets and you shall prosper.

Receiving Encouragement in ALL things

I would also to say that my single status received encouragement around this time last year.  I was discouraged about that as well but let me tell you that I received encouragement on that as well.  I said, "If THAT is the direction in which we are going and THAT is what we are waiting for", well then I will shut up and wait!! THAT is worth waiting for.  To be honest since that happened, aside from joking around about Big Jay I haven't been moved in that area as well and it's on the altar because seriously if THAT is what God has in mind, then I will wait for God's best.  GLORY!

One Year Later

One year later I can say that I am glad I quit my job. I am working on my dreams and I have learned that there is no security and no sure thing except for God.  He is our provision.  Not a job because your company can get bought and sold or you can get laid off and oh well too bad.

It hasn't been easy but it's been worth it.  I've taken off a lot of the self imposed limits I have placed on myself and saying, "You know what?  Go Big or Go Home!"  If it's for God's glory then I know of  NO OTHER WAY than to GO BIG!!!!


One Year Later I am so glad I listened to the dreams brewing up inside of me and believed the word of the Lord that his spirit is out gathering it and will make it all come true....including the husband thing. That particular piece of encouragement was so good that I haven't been right since!!  I was just like this lady. 


Anyhoo....I've just been reflecting on the Faithfulness of God these past few days.  I had a chance to speak to young women at a local High School.  That has been the call of my heart for many years and I am so grateful for the opportunity.  All I could think of was the word I received last year about 

By this time next year that which is barren shall begin bearing fruit and oh yes it has. 

My word for this year is:  Expand and our scripture is Isaiah 54:2. 
Enlarge your house; build an addition.
    Spread out your home, and spare no expense!


Enlarge and Expand.  Invest!!! Invest!!!

It's all for the Glory of God.  Let the Fire Fall, Let the Wind Blow, Let the Glory Come Down!

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts