Just say NO to Distractions

This is my first Lenten Season without church since I started actually celebrating Easter about 7 years ago.  I will miss the special music of Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday but not enough to get up and go to an actual service. I remember my first ever Palm Sunday...Boy was that an experience.  The church I went to was at Level 11 on a Level 10 scale.  Singing, Dancing, Great Sermon, and just an all out Party before the big shindig the following Sunday.   I haven't really experienced anything like that since.

It could have been because it was my first Palm Sunday ever but I hadn't seen it happen like that since and so even though I always enjoy Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday,  I don't feel compelled to go this year.

I think I'm taking this entire year off from church.  I need a break.  I just have no desire or inclination to attend and I think I am of better use elsewhere

Draw the Circle Prayer Challenge

I've written about this before and I normally do it at the beginning of the year.  In 2014 when I did it, that's when I went through that wilderness season.  Last year it was when I decided to quit my job and go for my outrageous dreams.

This year I decided to do the Prayer Challenge for the Lenten Season.  It's been quite good.  I've spent most of the time reiterating God's promises and being thankful for all of the provision.  I've been circling another in prayer and a specific promise for that life.  It's all recorded so we will all know at the appointed time.

Yesterday morning I felt particularly drawn to sing and speak the promises out loud along with blessings.  It was just a great time of worship and speaking life into certain situations but y'all know it won't be long before some foolishness occurs.

Don't Feed the Trolls

All I will say is that I got trolled last night with some foolishness and I'm very proud of not engaging in it.  The proper authorities have been notified and I did not allow myself to get distracted by the nonsense.  A few years ago I probably would have engaged or let it get to me but I have now gotten to the point where I do not let myself get to that point.

I understand that I am going to have to learn how to deal with things like this as I begin to grow and put myself out there more.  I cannot try to defend myself to everyone and it's not worth responding in most cases.

It's a Distraction

When Ingrid spoke into my life last year, she told me all the distractions would be cut and they have...It's allowed me time to focus on what I need to be doing instead of worrying about nonsense and foolery.  It's allowed me to solidify my message and mission.

Most people totally get sidetracked with distractions and engaging with people that don't matter in the long run and that wastes valuable time.

As President Barrack Obama once said,

We do not have time for this kind of silliness - Barack Obama
Plus I have found that life and time has a way of engaging people that you never can.

 I bet other distractions are coming as well in the form of what I like.  Today I saw something that reminded me of a time before I was DELIVERT and I did start giggling because that was all so silly.  I hope I wouldn't act like that again. When you know better you should do better and I know way better now.

There are some distractions though....that I like looking at but it's time to do better.  We do not have time for that.  Well maybe just one look...if I'm afforded the opportunity but that's it. Y'all pray for me.

I just wanted to record on my blog about understanding distractions and not engaging them.  I am not surprised it happened after that special time  of blessing on Friday morning.  It's how it happens.

I'll keep you all posted on if my deliverance sticks,  LOL!

To God be the Glory.

Comments

Popular Posts