Let it Be: Geneva's Weekend of Hope

I believe very strongly that God knows we are human and that we do need encouragement from time to time.

In the past week, God has kept telling me to Let it Be and Be Still Know that he is God.  When I was in Whole Foods, LEt it Be was playing and then during quiet time the Lord directed me to look up scriptures related to Be Still.  Of course there was Be Still and Know that I am God.  The other was Be Still and Wait Patiently for the Lord to act and stop worrying about what others are doing.

The very next morning my devotion was about Be Still and Know that I am God.

You know?  So it was encouraging and I needed it.  I don't know what God is doing but I know he is doing something.  If I label it, then I limit it.  I'm tired of trying to figure it out so I've stopped trying.  I just believe and expect God to do something and I expect him to do something good.  Something new and exciting.

America's Night Of Hope

On Saturday my family and I went to see Joel Osteen for the america's night of hope.  I thought that was very encouraging as well and I received more encouragement.  I like Joel Osteen.  I know some get on him for his theology-ite but I saw a lot of people there who most likely would never step foot in a church but they were there to listen about God and Jesus.  I live in SF and we aren't exactly a mecca for Jesus so the fact that he was able to have a capacity crowd at a baseball stadium was pretty impressive.

I saw some chains being broken that night and I said, "Yep. God is doing SOMETHING"

There were so many great things about that night but I enjoyed the message about the second touch.  His text was from the blind man that encountered Jesus and could only see trees.  I have talked about that same story on my blog.

That is how I feel in this season of my life.  I can see it.  I can see glimpses but it isn't clear.  It's like trees walking around.

I said it like this last September

The best way to describe where I am on my journey is that things are fuzzy.  It's like I see something, it's on the tip of my tongue, but I don't see the etnire thing just yet.  There's no clarity.  Over these past few weeks SOMETHING has happened for sure.
 It's more than just being delivered from lustful superficial pursuits and it's more than just recognizing that I deserve MORE in life but actually beginning to recognizing the glimpses of what can be if I allow God to lead and direct the show.
Earlier this week I posted on social media about how I not only saw it...but I recognized it. After today's prophetic declaration, I think I had it backwards.  I recognize it but I haven't yet SEEN the entire picture.
          Mark 8:24
Pastor Patrick said today that for many of us the last season of our lives it was much like the blind man and Jesus in this storyWell that nails it.  That's EXACTLY it.  It's like I Recognize it.  The pieces are there and it's like fuzzy trees walking around but I can't really SEE it. In this season God will open my eyes SO THAT I can see it all so clearly. (Have I got this declaration thing down or what?) But yes that's the word from The Lord and one that I Receive and understand.
Right?  Funny.  Here it comes again.  I feel like since I wrote that it's becoming clearer.  I'm seeing more figures but there's still no clear sight.  I've quit my job, I've started writing, I know that my purpose is to help many  more people so I can't give up.  I see so much more purpose but it's just not clear.  

It's been like a year and while it becomes more clear I haven't had the second touch just yet and that's what Joel was encouraging us to hang on for.  I love that.  


Miracles, Obedience, and availability

On Sunday at Shiloh Church the encouragement kept flowing.  We had a wonderful speaker from China who talked about miracles and the environment for miracles to take place in is one of obedience and availability.  Obedience is the main thing though.  There can be no miracles without obedience.

I needed to hear that.

You know sometimes I wonder if this is all so foolish and futile.  Praying for a man I have no clue of.  Believing in this great, grand, and glorious story of God's redemption.  Keeping myself abstinent and doing that covenant when it all seems so silly.  This vision I have of helping so many people and women....BUT Obedience.  I just can't give up.  I really feel that God is teaching me to faithful in this little stuff I have going now because however will I Trust him with the big things.  The vision I have is not for the faint of heart.  It's for people who know it's doomed unless God be in it.  

All of what I am believing for is doomed if God's presence is not there so Obedience and Availability are my keys and why I just can't give up.

Weekend of Hope

I am thankful for this past weekend.  I am thankful that God gave me the encouragement I needed to not give up and quit.  I've come to the place where it's like if it's not God ordained and blessed, then I would rather not do it.  I have even said that if the choice is marrying someone because I am sick of waiting or not getting married at all, then I don't want to be married at all.  I only want to be married if it's what God has joined together and has honored.  It's not worth it otherwise.

I think he's really done a great job of refining and checking my motives. I could not say that one year ago.  If someone had the right resume, I would be tempted but not now.

We shall see his glory if we believe.

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts