A-ha moment! If you want to be convincing, then you have to be convinced! No more Getting By

Boy I love the Legendary Zig Ziglar!! I am reading his book about the art of closing the sale but like all good teachers his book has real life application as well.

Last night while reading I had a huge a-ha moment.  Zig was saying that if we want to convince and convict people, then we have to be the FIRST ones to be convinced and convicted.  We have to use the products we're selling.

For some reason that just clicked with me.

If I want to to tell women (and men) that they need to take risks, do crazy and outrageous things, and leave it up to God to let it come then I HAVE to be convinced.  I have to live it in order to tell it.  True I've been saying this but last night I was just floored and convicted about it.

Are you a Believer?

When I was growing up, I used to love to hear this song called I'm a Believer.  At the end the guy (who could really sing) would get the mic and walk around singing "Are you a Believer?" and people would sing "Yes I'm a believer"

Well I woke up this morning singing that because if I say I believe, then I need to act like it!  I need to take my risks, go for broke and looking foolish and come away with either some receipts or some lessons learned.

I keep repeating Jesus' words:  Now you will really believe.  Didn't I tell you that you would see God's glory if you believed?  So many people claim to be believers but have ZERO to show for it.  They never take any risks or do anything outrageous.  How is that belief if you never put any MEANINGFUL action behind it?  No no no.  I am in a season where I feel like "You know what?  This is crazy and maybe nothing will happen but I am going to go for it anyway. I will never know if I don't even attempt to go get it."

So yeah.  I'm a believer.  It's time to put some action behind what I'm talking about.

A story

God is giving me a story to tell others and keep them encouraged.  It won't be that my story is the only way that people should do things or it is the only right way to do it but it will be a story to help encourage women to hold on, reassess themselves, do the work of self enrichment, teach people not to be so selfish, and when to eat crow or shut up.  

If I am going to teach people ANYTHING, then I need to be absolutely CONVINCED of what I am talking about.  If I am telling women to wait on God, wait for God's rescue and take risks then I NEED TO DO THAT.

Yes in the next few weeks I am going to be doing some even more outrageous things and I have asked God's blessing and hand to be upon them.  I have my litmus tests to know whether or not this is of God or I'm being led away by my own desires.  No manipulation on my part.  Totally organic and all God. 

I do believe I will have a story not only to tell my children about the faithfulness of God but also to the world.  A testimony of faith and what happens when you stand still and let the Lord rescue you.

No more settling for Get By

Ole Zig talked about how most of us will settle for the get by option because we think we are saving money when really we are spending more on headaches!  He used the example of buying the less expensive bicycle that ended up costing more money in maintenance and replacement parts than the  more expensive option which he ended up getting anyway and turned out to cost far less in the end.

I thought about how so often we say we are believers but are willing to settle for the "GET BY" option which ends up costing us so much more in the end whether it be shattered dreams or an unfulfilling life.  

We always want to take the easy way out!  I learned my lesson from that whole Fitness Manager experience.  *smh*  I started thinking about what if in this season God will present me with the "expensive shiny bike"option. 

 Will I say "No that's too expensive and I don't know if I'm ready to pay all that." It will probably sound like "Oh that seems hard and like a lot of work.  I don't know if I want to invest all that time and energy. I can't possibly do it.  Maybe there's something less challenging and less work.  You know something just to get me by"

OR

Will I say, "I'm a believer and while I may have to pay a high price now.  I believe this is of God and I'm going to pay it now and watch it pay for itself in the long run.  I believe it will cost me less in the end to do this and I believe that I will be losing majorly if I don't do this.  This is so crazy  and I certainly can't do it!  

It's doomed unless God is in it.  No get by...I think this is the better option and I'm rolling with it"

How about that?

No more Get By

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts