Prophetic Word: It will happen! Come Holy Spirit!

Good Grief.

Well this weekend was something else.  I went into it with a butt load of questions


  • Should I leave my job and strike out for what I should be doing to sustain myself?
  • Am I simply wasting my time believing all of this stuff that has been shown to me these past 3 years?
  • Did I make all of this up because of wishful thinking?
  • Is it really not fair?


So I'm making my pro and con list and I ultimately decided that I need to leave my job.  I also realized that I was looking to jobs for my sustainability and provision.  That doesn't come from a job. My provision comes from the Lord himself.  The people just pay the money.  I realized one thing on Friday:  If I'm going to do what God has called me to do, then I will need to step out on faith and trust him for my paycheck, my benefits, and all the rest of it.

So we got that out the way.

The other stuff was more tricky to get together.  I really have no proof of anything.  Just a couple of very interesting synchronous events and my belief that all of this is for a higher purpose.  So we get to church and there the surprises started one after another.


He's about to make the comeback of a lifetime

As I said Pastor Patrick Kitely of Shiloh Church took a leave of absence last year due to a private family matter.  We haven't seen him there since November.  This past Sunday he showed up and addressed us and boy oh boy were we excited to see him.  He could have been up there weeping and a total mess but he wasn't.  He was up there giving God praise and thanks.  He was also imploring us to worship the Lord.  Here this man is who has been through it up there giving God Glory.  He wasn't up there complaining and grumbling about "Why God Why?  Why me?"  He also announced he would be back in about 3 weeks.

I wasn't surprised.  I think the guy is a visionary and going to make a huge IMPACT not only on the Bay Area but the world.  He's got something that's bigger than himself.  I can see it and so can the devil which is why he's coming for him so hard.  People could have left the church during this tough time but it's still just as packed.  Even more so.  The way they have handled it has been exemplary.

He will make the comeback of a lifetime.

Say Something Different

So while he's addressing the congregation he says, Bishop Garlington is here.  That is the say something different prophet. When he said that, I nearly jumped out of my seat because I just KNEW the Lord had something to say and it was going to be life changing because that say something different business has kept me going for months.

So what does he say.  A whole heck of a lot.

Isaiah 34:16

Seek out of the book of the Lord and read: not one of these [details of prophecy] shall fail, none shall want and lack her mate [in fulfillment]. For the mouth [of the Lord] has commanded, and His Spirit has gathered them.

And with that my friends it was on.  

It will Happen

The major crux of the sermon was that if God has shown it to you, he's spoken it, and the prophet has said it, then it will happen.  He then went on to say that you have to believe the words of the prophets and you shall prosper (2 Chronicles 20:20)  

But what God me were several points.

Standing in the River of Prosperity

He said that many of us are standing in the river of our prosperity and damning our own success.  UM YES!!! We've reduced our dreams and word to human manageable proportions and in doing so we have limited what God can do.  AMEN!! I did this with everything.  With my job, with my dreams of impact and relationships.  

As a matter of fact I went home and crossed out the amount of money I wanted to make and all the benefits saying it was too small for what God has for my life.  Whatever he gives me will be enough.

How it Will Happen: The Spirit will gather it

After sitting in that coffee shop on Ocean Ave a few years ago when God gave me whatever he gave me, I figured it would happen tomorrow.  Remember I tried to make it happen and ended up making a mess.  That's not how it will happen.  It will happen because God said it and then this is the big one.  The Spirit will gather it.   Not me but the Spirit.  Right now the spirit is out gathering it all together.

Check out the ERV version
16 Look in the Lord’s scroll and read what it says: Not one of these will be missing. Not one will be without its mate. God said he would make this happen, so his Spirit will bring them together. 1

Well then

Assembly Required 

Now when you have to bring things together or gather it together then there's some assembly required. Right now there's some assembly required but who's doing the assembling:  The Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is assembling and Gathering which is why we say: COME HOLY SPIRIT!!


It's not fair:  Chickens and Elephants

Now that's where I have spent a large part of my life in the wilderness.  "God it's not fair".  It's like one of my favorite hymns Farther Along says, "Then do we wonder why others prosper, living so wicked year after year".  Bishop Garlington had also experienced similar due to a family tragedy.  He found himself angry and offended with God. He said, "Well God isn't fair but he is just".  So true. 

What hammered this point out for me was the analogy of chickens vs elephants.  

A chicken is born in a few weeks
An Elephant takes longer.

To add to that point.  People usually kill chickens and they don't last for that long.  Elephants tend to last a very long time and you have to be skilled to kill them.

Well maybe I'm gestating an elephant here which is why it's taking so long.  I tend to think this is the case.

Come Holy Spirit!!

The Word of the Lord is Clear:  It's the Holy Spirit that is the catalyst, the executive agent, and the maestro of all this gathering.  Not me...What usually happens to most of us is that the gathering and the assembling takes too long and so we find poor substitutes because we have given up on our dream and our word from the Lord.

Well not me:  I am reinvigorated.  I will believe what God has shown me!  COME HOLY SPIRIT!! GET IT TOGETHER!!! Woohoo!!!

COME HOLY SPIRIT!!!

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts