3 a.m. visitations cure the blahs!

Yesterday I wrote about my frustrations and how I had the blahs.  I really did have the blahs yesterday.  I was not my normal energetic self.  I spent the majority of the afternoon sleeping before I went to teach my spin class.  My spin class helped revive me because we had so much fun but still I wasn't my normal gung ho self


Waking up at 3 a.m.

I went to sleep fairly early last night without really watching TV or reading.  I just wasn't in the mood but I was awakened at around 3 a.m. Now I have heard it said that there is some type of spiritual connection to 3 a.m.  During our churchwide time of fasting and praying, the preacher said that he and others had been awakened at 3 a.m. several nights but I can tell you that I was awakened at this time this morning.

So then the spirit began to lead me to several scriptures and stories.  I would like to share those hear since I wrote them in the notes part of my phone...Thank Goodness for technology! LOL!

John 11:14-15 (MSG)

This was the sermon text on Sunday and I read the entire chapter because it contains one of my cling to scriptures John 11:40 but that's not the scripture that I zeroed in on last night.  It was this one.

4-15 Then Jesus became explicit: “Lazarus died. And I am glad for your sakes that I wasn’t there. You’re about to be given new grounds for believing. Now let’s go to him.”

That phrase right there jumped out at me and I wrote down.  I am about to be given new grounds for believing.

Galatians 6:9

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

Key phrase again.  AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME I will reap a harvest of blessing if I don't give up.  Maybe not tomorrow but at just the right time I will reap a harvest of blessing

Habakkuk 2:3

This vision is for a future time.
    It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
    for it will surely take place.

    It will not be delayed.

Part of the problem yesterday was that I was tired of waiting.  I was tired of waiting for things that don't seem like they are EVER going to happen.  I'm tired of ,following a meal plan when it feels like I'm never going to compete...I'm tired of believing things are going to happen when we keep getting glimpses of what we would LIKE to happen (over 6 feet tall and nice teeth) and then NOTHING EVER HAPPENS, I'm tired of waiting for a new opportunity when I keep looking at the bottom of my bank account.

Oh but the Lord said Wait Patiently for it will surely come!

Genesis 15:1

Some time later, the Lord spoke to Abram in a vision and said to him, “Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great.”

I feel that the Lord was speaking directly to me on this.  He has protected me from myself and making stupid decisions and making a fool out of myself.  Last year someone who prayed for me told me that the Lord will reward me openly.  He will!  I believe it.

Genesis 18:10-14

Then one of them said, “I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife, Sarah, will have a son!”
Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent. 11 Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children. 12 So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master—my husband—is also so old?”
13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”
15 Sarah was afraid, so she denied it, saying, “I didn’t laugh.”
But the Lord said, “No, you did laugh.”

Yeah this is pretty much me.  I kind of have a Yeah Right attitude.  How could any of this happen when I have no money, no prospects, and no hope.  It feels at times that all of my eggs will dry up and just forget it.  Is anything too hard for God?  No it isn't.


Exodus 14:13-14

Actually I started from v10 because that was my exact attitude.  Why did I start on this sacred journey if I was just going to end up with nothing.  Maybe it was better to stay doing what I was doing.

As Pharaoh approached, the people of Israel looked up and panicked when they saw the Egyptians overtaking them. They cried out to the Lord, 11 and they said to Moses, “Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren’t there enough graves for us in Egypt? What have you done to us? Why did you make us leave Egypt? 12 Didn’t we tell you this would happen while we were still in Egypt? We said, ‘Leave us alone! Let us be slaves to the Egyptians. It’s better to be a slave in Egypt than a corpse in the wilderness!’”
1But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”


Ephesians 3:16

I was going for v20 but then the spirit directed me to v16

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 

The King is Here!

Hallelujah!  GOD YOU'RE HERE!!!!  HE is with me.  He hasn't forgotten me!!! He is with me and yes I can feel discouraged and frustrated some days but he's here.  

I woke up this morning in a totally different frame of mind and guess what my devotion was this morning.  THIS RIGHT CHEA

 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.


Right?  Enough said!

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts