Dream Big 2015: The Genesis

Big week on this Sacred Journey!  

This week I have my Women's Empowerment Conference featuring some of the top women in business, politics, and leadership.  So I'm totally stoked about that.

I also have an interview with an independent gym.  I believe it could be the next step moving forward.

But most of all it continues to be obvious:  I have limited and stifled what God wants to do.  At the beginning of this year I declared that I wanted gym training to stop being my primary source of income.  I wanted a real job with real hours, adult benefits, and most of all making more money.  

Well I decided that meant an 8-5 job or whatever but this week I've had several sources of encouragement along those fronts.  It isn't about the money.

Impact over Money

This week I've worked with several clients and I thought:  I don't want to give that up.  I absolutely would rather be broke and live like I am than give up helping people for a paycheck but not helping anybody. 

My flesh is all like 

But my Spirit is like: Yep.  I would rather be broke and having impact/influence than making a salary not doing anything but kissing up.

Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and it shall all be added unto you.  Working for God I will be provided for and given what I need.  Not everything I need but at this stage of the game I need to be thankful for what 

Working for the Lord As Opposed to People

Heather Lindsay posted a Facebook status this week that really touched me.  Before her ministry and businesses took off she said that for 10 years she worked at jobs where she volunteered, got paid too little (AMEN), and just felt like was a waste of time and money.  She realized now that all of that was to prepare her for running the operation she is running now.

Besides she says she decided to focus on working for the LORD as opposed to working for people.  He is our provider anyway and not the job.  There's no security in a job but there's security with God.

So my biggest thing this week has been to realize that I want to have impact/influence over money and to STOP LIMITING GOD.  if I'm working for him, then he will open the doors that need to be opened, he will anoint my feet to walk in the right steps, and he will give me favor.  I have a vision of how I want to help people and I believe he is ordering the steps as we speak to make this happen.  When you work for the Lord it is never same ole boring stuff!!

I think it's working....

Last week even on the personal end of things we've had some movement and growth.  Rather than spend my time trying to clamor for attention, I just was being myself and wouldn't you know I've had some pretty good interactions.  

In one case, had this been a few years or even months ago I would have said something completely inappropriate or been a bulldozer.  But it didn't even occur to me to do that.  I was genuinely interested in what the other person had to say rather than to do to much.  I am not begging anyone to pay attention to me or to like me.  Either you're on board or not...I don't have time to be caught up in silliness.

I think all of this refinement and such is working because I have acted accordingly. 

I will say I sure seem to be getting what I like put in front of me....My Goodness.  Over 6 feet tall and all that chocolate wrapped up in the most amazing package with beautiful teeth.  Anyway! But I'm acting right y'all.  God has given me my marching orders and I am sticking to it.  Adam finds you...not the other way around.  

Also you do not need to wear low cut shirts, throw it out there at him, or try to get his attention through these worldly ways. That's what the sermon was about today:  Don't copy the world's ways.  If a man is here for you for the right reasons like your light and influence, then he's there for you.  All of this other crap is unnecessary. You may not even combed your hair that morning...Well Glory

So I think it's all working.    

The Genesis

Let's look at the word Genesis.

noun
  1. the origin or mode of formation of something.

I think at this moment we are in the mode of forming the next step. We've been in the wilderness refining, learning, and growing and all of that has not been for naught.  In these past few months I've learned discipline and what really matters.  

I've also had to let go of my bad attitude and negative things that were in my heart such as: anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, etc. God has had to prune a lot off of me.  Being judgmental, saying the wrong thing, selfish ambition.  Yikes!  I was/am a real mess.  

But God is faithful.

Well my friends let's enjoy this new chapter on this sacred journey

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts