Vision Sunday: Focus on Giving

On Sunday we had vision Sunday at church.  It was a blessing.  The text was taken from Habbakkuk 2:2.  Pastor Javier used the Message Translation of this scripture.

2-And then God answered: “Write this.
    Write what you see.
Write it out in big block letters
    so that it can be read on the run.
This vision-message is a witness
    pointing to what’s coming.
It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait!
    And it doesn’t lie.
If it seems slow in coming, wait.
    It’s on its way. It will come right on time.

BAM!

The Lord was speaking to my spirit right then.  He was talking to ME.  He knows where I am right now in this journey and he is talking to me.

I've been writing out the vision and what I see with my spiritual eyes in this journal that I am keeping for the appointed time.  At some points it really seems like it's futile and there is no point in doing this.  I know I am not making this stuff up and that it's coming from SOMEWHERE but it can be discouraging not to have ANY prospects.  Well it can also be discouraging when you see glimpses and you think "oh wait a minute...what was that about??  Is this for real??" but then nothing comes of it.

Yet I press on.

The word is clear.  The vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming.  It ACHES for the coming -- it can hardly wait!  And it doesn't lie!! It's not a lie and it's not made up.

Yes it does seem slow in coming....but God has been clear.  Wait on me.  Don't try to run ahead and do it yourself.  Wait for me.  It's on the way and it will come at the APPOINTED time.  SYNCHRONICITY.

Too much inflow and not any outflow

My focus needs to be adjusted.  I have been focused on GETTING.  
  • When will I GET a new job?  
  • When will I GET more money and the ability to sustain myself?
  • When will I GET a husband?
Pastor Javier pointed out that in a lake when there is only inflow and no outflow the body of water will become TOXIC.  That is the way I was going.  I was TOXIC.  I was so concerned with GETTING.  That's all I was about and that was my approach to EVERYTHING.  Selfish ambiton.  I didn't care about anyone but myself and what I was going to get out of it and that's why I was so angry and so bitter when I looked around and others were GETTING while I wasn't.

This week my focus and intention is on:  GIVING.  What can I give?  Who can I encourage?  Instead of spending all of my energy on when am I going to GET?  What can I give?  

Tithing Challenge

Pastor Javier said he was thinking of doing a tithing challenge with a money back guarantee to show that you can't out give God.  

I thought that was funny because I already proposed to do this on my own.  I also think this fits in with this theme of learning how to GIVE rather than focusing on GETTING and buying things to feel better.  Remember my extra money will be going towards my tithing goal.

I am not doing this to sow a seed to try and get more money or any of that.  I am doing it because I want to PROVE to God that I trust him for my provision and that he will always take care of my needs.  I also want to learn to give NOW while I don't have much SO THAT when I do have it, I will already have that love and habit of giving.  Some people think it's easier to give when you have it.  I think it's harder so I want to make sure I have my heart and attitude right NOW.

Vision

I believe in Vision and writing it on the tablet because it's important to have those receipts.  The word says we overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.  What is more powerful than the word of our testimony along with the WRITTEN WORDS.

I am thankful for the vision and as I wrote at the Love Life Conference last year....I will see my vision come to pass at the appointed time.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts