On Assignment: The Famine is over but the drought continues and IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

So I think I'm getting it.

I'm on assignment.  It's not about my current conditions or circumstances.  In the past 2 days I have had several random people open their hearts and share their lives with me. Each time I've been sitting down reading my Ipad and listening to my music and the next thing you know these people are pouring out their hearts to me.

It's been awesome to encourage them and then pray for them.  They are thankful that someone is at least listening and saying something positive to them.

Yessir!  It isn't about me all right.


The Famine is OVER!

Yes I remember hearing that last year and thinking that meant all my problems were over.  Happy Days are here again!! More money!! More fun!! More social life!! 

Not so much.

Actually I totally get it now.  Famine can be compared to mindset.  My mindset was in famine last year.  It was dead.  Nothing could survive there with all of the negative thoughts I had and not believing God for anything.  I still thought I had to do it all and I didn't trust God enough that he would provide for me and I ended up with a famine mindset.

Famine is defined as excessive hunger, scarcity of food, and starvation.  I would say that I had excessive hunger for God's love, scarcity of hope, and I was starved in the sense of believing anything good could happen.  Bitterness and anger had taken over my life and that will cause a famine for sure!

So I do believe the famine is over.  My mindset is being fed by God's word, God's love, and his faithfulness.

BUT the Drought Continues

My circumstances haven't changed.  I am still in a dry season but it's okay. I'm fine with it.  I'm on assignment.

I'm still ready to move on from my job but I do think there are people there who need me.

I still don't make much money but that's okay too because if I can subsist on this little money during this season and still give when broke and believe God to provide, then when it's time for the big show I will already be able to speak to God's faithfulness.

That's the thing:  How can I want to have a BIG vision and I can't even be trusted with the small things.  Doesn't make sense.  This drought season has me looking to God for provision on every front.

I've already been told to JUST STAND STILL  and STAY CALM.  The Lord will rescue me. I also loved the MSG version:  And you...you shut your mouth.

And it is well with My Soul

Last week my coach posted a blog about perfectionism as it pertains to fitness.  She hit the nail on the head.  I think I'm one of those people who feels like they can't be content or enjoy life unless everything is perfect and how I want it to be.  Well perfect is UNSUSTAINABLE.  Nothing stays perfect.

So I'm not where I want to be personally nor professionally at this moment but I am heading in the right direction.  I am on the right track and when I get to wherever I am supposed to be going...that won't be perfect either.

I have to start learning that no matter what I have to keep on going, keep a good attitude, and be aware that I am supposed to be serving some sort of purpose wherever I am.

We sang this awesome song on Sunday.and the lyrics couldn't be anymore fitting
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me
Verse 2
Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

We finish the song singing the old hymn IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL.  

Yes.  Through it all God is with me.  The King is Here and it is well.  

Comments

Popular Posts