Perspective Change: Expecting a Harvest!

It will officially be spring next week!  A season full of new life, the resurrection celebration, and more exciting events begin to happen.

Today one of the former executives from work shared her testimony on Facebook with us.  Exactly one year ago she was laid off.  She had been a mover/shaker in the company for nearly 20 years and didn't see her layoff coming. This woman is also a faithful believer and all last year she would post on Facebook about her journey. She posted about her fears, questioning God about why, seeing the bottom of her bank account, and not sure of what the next step would be. 

 Nearly one year to the day of being laid off, she has accepted a job offer with a WORLD CLASS company as an executive doing what she does best: leading other fitness professionals.  In her testimony she shared about how people would encourage to take jobs, but she couldn't because her heart wasn't in it and it wasn't the right fit.  She shared that she would pray with her children and they just waited on the Lord and when He was ready...he showed her what he had for her.

What a testimony to start your day!

Declaring Prophetically what will be

Last night I was listening to another teaching in the last year's series "I believe in God's Perspective" from the church I've been attending for the last few weeks.  The pastor said something that stuck with me:  He said: "We need to start declaring prophetically what WILL be if we really are believing God's word."

I woke up this morning with that thought on my mind.  I must begin to declare that yes those prayers I have prayed are going to come true.  Yes, I am headed for a new and exciting chapter in my life.  Yes, even those areas of my life which have been a barren desert for so long they will begin to produce new life.  Those prayers under the bed that only God can answer:  Yes!  They are going to happen.  After that, I got very fired up.

It did not help that the scripture that was my morning prayer this morning was 1 John 5:14-15

And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 15And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

I shook my head in amazement.  I would have NEVER been this bold or sure one year ago and that's just it!  It's a perspective change!

Expecting a Harvest

Exactly one year ago, I was wrestling with what I should do next with my career.  Should I go into management or should I go work for a world class facility and start my own training/fitness brand?  I went into management because it is what I thought I SHOULD do.  Besides that I was too afraid to apply to the world class facility because I thought I wasn't good enough AND I wasn't sure about starting my own thing because it could fail.

Fast forward to 2014 and I am doing EXACTLY what I wanted to do all along.  I am working at the world class facility and doing my own training business/brand.  That's a harvest!  I had that seed and as God began to help me develop my faith during the year, it has produced a harvest!

The Desert

Now you know i was going to have to bring this up:  What about the whole single woman business?  

I'm expecting a harvest here as well.  Big time.

This area of my life has been such a desert and hurtful place of inferiority, rejection, and isolation, This area of my life has been completely barren.  It has hurt and it has really been a thorn in my side.  

I have dwelt on that mountain long enough and it is time to get off and go to the other side.  

I am expecting that those prayers under my bed that only God can answer will begin to come to fruition.  How it happens is not up to me.  It won't happen because I manipulated the circumstances. It will not happen in my own strength and my own motivation, but by His spirit.

In reality, it has only been about 7 months since I really became very serious about praying and actually BELIEVING God in this subject matter.  During that time I have made incredible progress and had a very big perspective change in regards to marriage.

I still don't have any real prospects that I can see but God sees him and that all that counts

Just a Note about Rejection

I've started seeing Brother Bad News around the way again and really I have been unaffected.  At first I get excited when I see him because that's my natural hormonal reaction, but then after that I have zero cares to give.  I was all about proving why he should like me and I just couldn't understand why he was rejecting me.  I figured it was me not being good enough yet again.

I don't even think that anymore.  I don't know what to think and I really don't have time to worry about it.  I just know that I no longer feel rejected.  I know that whomever God has for me will not leave any doubt that he is pursuing me.  I am sticking to my guns on that.

Who can say Perspective Change!!!

Closing the Door

This week I have thought a lot about closing doors on the past.  I believe this is a big part of the reason my perspective was so skewed.  I was allowing myself to focus too much on closed doors of the past.  What could I have done differently?  Then I began to think:  If God closed the door, then it was for my benefit.  He was protecting me from destruction.  It literally could have been the difference between LIFE and DEATH.

I also realized I was allowing other people to define my losses/failures in life when they weren't losses/failures.  They were learning opportunities and not only that:  Those things weren't meant for me.  I know it and God knows it.  It's time to put the past in the past and let some tired subjects DIE.  They have nothing to do with reality or what is going on now.

My colleague who was fired and is now working her dream job apparently was having a similar revelation.  I will leave you with this quote she posted which really stuck with me:

We often hear when God closes a door He opens a window. Yes - true. But not so you climb out of it - if He wanted to give you a way out of the waiting room, He would have out a door there. The window is there to give you a better view and fresh air...while you wait!

Sounds like a perspective change to me!

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts