March 3 = National Be Happy Day!!!



Today I found out that today March 3 is National Be Happy Day.

I wondered if that had something to do with that song that's everywhere and that you can't stop singing.  Check it out I'm putting it up here because who can resist that song?

Perspective Change

National Be Happy Day is right in line with what is going on in my life right now.  Yesterday in church the preacher talked about suffering.  He talked about getting a perspective change in regards to our suffering and how it isn't about us, but really it is to serve a bigger purpose.  The Apostle Paul teaches on this in the book of Philippians.

The pastor asked us to put our hands on our heads and prayed for a mental shift and then those who felt like God was calling them to deliverance were asked to go forward

I went forward and one of those Senior Saint Church mothers got a hold to me.  You know the kind that when they start praying because they have the Holy Spirit and Jesus on the mainline stuff starts happening? Well she kept praying be set free.  SET FREE.  I had other people I didn't even know touching and praying in agreement.

During the sermon I knew the preacher was talking to me.  He actually has been for the last 4-5 weeks.  From inner work, Loooove connection, and now suffering to help others.  

During the sermon I started thinking about how I want to have this whole Impact, Empowerment, Get your life movement going on and  what I have dramatically called suffering is training for that movement.

All this crazy stuff...


The things that have occurred in the past 9 months have just been unbelievable and that is exactly WHY I started this blog.  I wanted receipts of what was going on so that when it came time to share, I would not be one of those people who lie   embellish their testimonies.

All of this stuff really did happen in the way I'm telling it AND what's even better is I have no idea how it ends.  I got tired of reading sanitized testimonies where people tell you what happened after they connected the dots.  The dots are on the page, but I don't know how they connect or if they will. 

It is all by faith.

Even the perspective on the single life changed

Sitting there, my perspective began to change on my single life.  I've complained on this blog and I have complained incessantly in real life about being single with NO PROSPECTS.  ZERO if you're still counting at home.

It's not about Me

Now back in 2012 I began to sense that the person I am going to marry is not going to be who/what I was planning for.  Don't ask me how I knew, but I did.  I think my heart was being prepared right then to get rid of all of my superficial and surface level criteria.   

In 2013 when I took the challenge to pray for my husband, it became even more clear:  This isn't going to be what I planned on  As things started going on, I started getting glimpses and revelations that this really is going to be a huge test of my faith.  This is the one area of my life where I have had ZERO success, ZERO!!!  All I can say is after not having any success on my own, I'm willing to turn over the reigns even if it is TOTALLY not what I expected

Even this year as I have no prospects and I'm churning along here I am beginning to realize the delay is for my good because if it happened too fast or before I was ready then I would have backed out.  I can just hear myself now.  

"No way Jose.  You have GOT to be kidding!!! This ain't what I waited all this time for. FORGET IT"

As Pastor Patrick taught us yesterday, it isn't about me.  When I get to the other side I will be able to help set others free and help to make a difference in someone's life  All of this waiting and training will be worth it because someone's life is going to change and be restored.

Again I tell you to remember the word restoration.

With that said, rather than sit around complaining and grumbling about why Tom Brady, Matthew McConaghey, Colin Kaepernick, Dwayne Johnson, and Brother Bad News are not making themselves available to me, I'm focusing on becoming the woman that God needs me to be to serve my purpose in this man's life.

We all know what happened at the beginning of the year and that needed to happen.  All that ugly stuff had to come out because ain't nobody gonna have no time for that.

Because I'm happy....

Today I thought about what brings me happiness. These were some of the things that came up:
  • Helping others to do more than they thought they could
  • Not focusing on what's wrong with me and my shortcomings
  • Not comparing myself to others
  • Feeling healthy, strong, and vibrant
  • Not giving up when I hear "I can't" in my head or from others
  • pushing myself out of my comfort zone
  • My life getting back on track when I had thrown in the towel and sentenced myself to a life of self imposed doom
  • All what God has in store for my life.
Well now you've got to put the song on and dance like the whole world is watching!


Comments

Popular Posts