Connecting the Dots...It's starting to make sense now

What on Earth is going on?

I'm writing this blog post while on a "shelter in place" from the Mayor of San Francisco, London Breed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

I must confess my main response to all of this: What on Earth is going on?

Talking with the Health and Medical Professionals in my life sounded very different from what was being reported on the news...so while in the midst of it, all I can say is something is not right but that fits right into what this blog post is about.


You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.- Steve Jobs, Founder of Apple
Those reading this at a later date will be able to connect the dots about what was actually going on with this pandemic.  

We don't have the full perspective when we are in the middle of something.  We will only be able to connect the dots looking backward.


The Holy Spirit Class at Shiloh Church

This wasn't a class as much as it was a journey.

However the journey has helped me to connect many of the dots of the past year.  It has certainly brought clarity to the past 6-9 months.  

I understand why everything happened and aligned the way it did.  In the midst I was frustrated, angry, worked up, and sick of it all.

I washed my hands with much of it and said, "Either God turns it around or it's done because I am done." 


Even though I don't have a solution in the natural realm, I believe that the matter has been solved in the spiritual and now it's time to watch how it plays out.

The Discerning of Spirits

At the beginning of our Holy Spirit class we were split into teams for the Gifts of the Spirit and I was on the Discernment Team.  I was hovering between Prophecy and Discernment but I ultimately chose discernment of spirits and I am glad I did because that confirmed everything I have encountered in the past year.


The gift of discerning of spirits is the God-given ability or enablement to recognize the identity (and very often the personality and condition) of the spirits which are behind different manifestations or activities.


This gift brings:
  • Clarity 
  • Removes confusion
  • Concerning the real problem we may be facing so that we may be counselled, delivered, or instructed.

Sound familiar?

I went all the way to Chicago, Illinois for people to pray that confusion right on off of me and when I came back, I received instruction for how to deal with everything that was happening.

As time has gone on, much of what I was able to discern is beginning to reveal itself and it didn't involve me storming in or saying anything.

As Pastor Terrence said, "People will always tell on themselves".


They certainly do.

Revival is here

We are in unprecedented times here in these United States.  At Shiloh We met for church the last week but now due to "shelter-in-place" we will not be meeting in person.

Yet I say...Revival and the 21st Century Great Awakening is here.

History will prove whether I am right or wrong about this but life as we know it as about to change.  

We're pressing the reset buttons on our society in so many ways.  People are going to realize that All of the things we've built lives on were fake. This economy, the overpaid jobs that were really BS, Materialism, Fame, Social Media, and so on.

Many of us have known revival was coming.  I knew it was coming as far back as 2015-16 which is why I returned to church in 2017 and then ended up getting sucked into Shiloh.

BTW since it was a weird Sunday at church where people were encouraged to stay home by the local authorities but Shiloh decided to carry on anyway, I made my debut as a Door Greeter.  

My years of teaching Group Fitness prepared me for such a time as this.  You want high energy, kind, friendly, and enthusiastic people to bring the joy when people are facing uncertainty and feeling uneasy.


Brother Steve had been trying to recruit me for months to join the Greeting team and I had been trying to avoid it.

As part of the Impact Ministry Leadership Team we are supposed to serve at least once a month as Greeters so Brother Steve got me committed to the greeting team for the two services.

I didn't know how you were supposed to act so I was singing along with the worship, jumping, and dancing around the foyer while greeting the people.  

When it was time to leave one of the Brothers asked if I normally serve.  I said No.  I thought he was going to ask me not to come back since I was so loud and all over the place.

He said I brought a different energy to the place and that made me happy that I could lift people's spirits during a time where people are so uncertain and there's anxiety.

With that being said it is time for people to RISE UP.  Yeah you may not look and sound like everyone else but everyone else ain't getting the job done.  

God called YOU for such a time as this.  It's Revival Time.  When you revive what is dead, you've got to put your all into it.  No low energy and half stepping. 


Connecting the Dots

Revival is why I went back to Shiloh and yes that's why I had that accelerated season.  I got involved in everything that I was curious about such as prayer and intercession and I am serving full steam ahead. Well other than the Worship team but that's like my dessert.

According to my Spiritual Gifts assessment I took in the Holy Spirit Class my main gift/ministry roles are
  • Prophecy
  • Shepherding (Makes total sense of why I got so mad about the group at church that I felt was leading people astray)
  • Teaching (It's what I do for a living)
It all makes so much sense.

Even the Impact Ministry that my friend Marques started.  It all makes sense...we had to get in position for such a time as this.

Love Connection...

That all makes sense too. 
I'm not crazy
I've been pretty vague on this blog because now is not the time to tell it all but the truth is that was spiritual warfare as well and involved the discerning of spirits.
The word was to Stand Still and See the Salvation of the Lord.

We can't be so concerned with ourselves and buttering our own bread that we forget that God may be doing a work in our partner and we need to be patient while the Lord does his thing.  

That's why we must continually intercede for them so that Satan does not get anymore real estate and waste anymore time in their lives

This right here is how it's gonna go.  I'll raise a Hallelujah!!

2 Chronicles 20:15, 17, 21, 22

15 He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.  

17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.’  

21 After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the LORD, for his love endures forever.” 
22 As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.


To God be the Glory.

Comments

Popular Posts