Daniel Fast Week 2 Takeaways and a Big Breakthrough

I learned something really groundbreaking this week.  

This time of praying and fasting is about consecrating myself as an intercessor and all that entails and so I am reading a book about Intercessory Prayer.  This truth really was earth shattering me.

We cannot solve these problems relationally. We have to deal with them spiritually. We have to recognize a spiritual strongman was at work and then to show that spirit who is in charge. JESUS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT - Jennifer Eivaz, The Intercessors Handbook 


We should pray to solve our problems and not try to fix them relationally. OH. MY GOD.

If I had understood this earlier on, then I would have saved myself a lot of trouble and problems.  Eivaz goes on to say...


There is a spiritual dimension to all that is happening. Much of what is happening behind the scenes is spiritual. - Jennifer Eivaz, The Intercessors Handbook

I mean really?  I know we aren't fighting against flesh and blood but do you mean to tell me I could have saved myself all the frustration if I had just decided to pray about the situation instead of trying to figure things out, force them to go my way, and getting angry when the devil was continually stirring things up?

The answer is Yes.

Last week when the devil started putting these thoughts in my head to get angry, I thought about this great song from Hillsong:  Not Today.  (Video at the end)  


I'll sing the night into the morningI'll sing the fear into Your praiseI'll sing my soul into Your presenceWhenever I say Your Name JesusLet the devil know not todayLet the devil know not todayNot now not ever againLet the devil know not todayLet the devil know not todayLet the devil know not today 


I let the devil know not today. I'm tired of focusing on what the devil is doing. I already know he's come only to steal, kill, and destroy so why continue to keep focusing on what he's stirring up. It's all mess and stupid anyway.

Let's focus on what Jesus and the Holy Spirit are doing and it is A LOT.

Remember how upset I got about counterfeits?  

If you don't, then read about it here 

Well in my Ezekiel Bible Study with First5 we had a day where the teaching was about counterfeits and it became clear to me that God doesn't like counterfeits either and those who lead his people astray.

He deals with them his way and it's far more effective than anything that I could ever do so I shouldn't waste my time and energy trying to solve it.

It's a spiritual issue and there's a lot happening behind the scenes with it as well.

I loved this point and I thought it was kind of crazy that we're even addressing COUNTERFEITS in this time of prayer and fasting.

God doesn’t like counterfeits either: God also hates counterfeits and executes judgment. His anger is aroused when cheap imitations lure His people away, causing them to trade the truth about Him for a lie. (First 5 Bible Study)Instead, we can know He loves us too much to let us live with counterfeits and will restore a remnant of those who will follow Him. To know God is to know He keeps every promise, so we should study His Word and better understand both His grace and His judgment. (First 5 Bible Study)

Like Brother Steve Sampson said in Defeating Jezebel, "Satan will always attempt to counterfeit attack the work of God."

Yup and the best way to deal with it is through prayer...not trying to prove people wrong.

Imagine that:  We must pray to solve our problems.  Who would've thought?!


Another Big Week of Takeaways!!


  1. WHAT NOT TO DO AS A WATCHPERSON:Isaiah 56:10 Living Bible (TLB)10 For the leaders of my people—the Lord’s watchmen, his shepherds—are all blind to every danger. They are featherbrained and give no warning when danger comes. They love to lie there, love to sleep, to dream.
  2. Lord if you have entrusted me to be a watchwoman I pray to do it with compassion and love instead of judgment and anger.
  1. Lord I also pray to warn the people of dangers and wolves in sheep’s clothing.  I tell you my antennae is really up because I think we’ve got some really dangerous people in our midst.  I am really happy to be involved with the Young Adult Ministry because we want the atmosphere to be full of your presence.  We’re driving the foolishness and demonic influences right on back to Hell where they belong.
  2. Grace is sufficient and I need his grace more than I need answers and resolutions :“And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
  3. Oswald Chambers’ life was focused on prayer. That is why he declared, “Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” The fact is that prayer is the hardest work we will ever do…and the most rewarding.
  4. All of those other things like writing, teaching, and preaching  are awesome but all of it will be empty and mediocre without prayer. Prayer IS the greater work. Me laying hands on others and interceding for them IS THE greater work. The other stuff is kind of like the icing on the cake. 
  5. So Lord this year I pray to really step out and level Up in my prayer life. Praying for others, interceding for others, laying hands, Public prayer, altar ministry, prayer team. All of it in the name of Jesus, under and guided by the power of the Holy and for your glory to advance the kingdom.  
  6. God doesn’t like counterfeits either: God also hates counterfeits and executes judgment. His anger is aroused when cheap imitations lure His people away, causing them to trade the truth about Him for a lie. (First 5 Bible Study)
  7. Instead, we can know He loves us too much to let us live with counterfeits and will restore a remnant of those who will follow Him. To know God is to know He keeps every promise, so we should study His Word and better understand both His grace and His judgment. (First 5 Bible Study)
  8.  Jesus spent a lot of time praying. What makes us think we don’t need to?“Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.”‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:35‬ “But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.”‭‭Luke‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬ (First 5 Bible Study)
  9. Our assignment is clear: to bring forth God’s will on earth as it is in heaven. (Intercessors Handbook)
  10. There is a spiritual dimension to all that is happening. Much of what is happening behind the scenes is spiritual.(Intercessors Handbook)
  11. Things may not change overnight but an eventual breaking will occur. In the example in this book the power structures were losing influence and those involved began exiting the church. (Intercessors Handbook)
  12. We cannot solve these problems relationally. We have to deal with them spiritually. We have to recognize a spiritual strongman was at work and then to show that spirit who is in charge.(Intercessors Handbook)

Not Today Song from Hillsong (EnJOY!)

Comments

Popular Posts