Fall Push 2019: The Study of Daniel - God is in control of everything

I am currently doing the First5 App Bible study of the Book of Daniel.  I studied the first 6 chapters of the book last year but then Cleansing Streams got really good and I decided I would come back to it.

So when I saw First 5 was offering the study, I decided to do it for my Fall PUSH. Can I just say that I love the First 5 Bible studies.  

These studies:

  •  have tremendous depth
  • are Biblically sound
  • aren't dumbed down. 
  • Provide Historical Context of the Culture
  • Contain Tremendous life application principles

Who is Daniel?

The name Daniel means 
"God is my judge/God is judging/God will judge"

All these translations relate specifically to how Daniel communicates the Lord’s divine judgment to the nations showing God’s authority and supremacy.

In his book, A Biblical Theology of Exile, theologian Daniel Smith-Christopher refers to Daniel as the Wise Warrior.  He chose his battles with wisdom, always informed by the Word of God.

Daniel was a wise man who was often called upon for his wisdom and divine revelation by King Nebuchadnezzar. We know him as faithful to the Lord and unwilling to compromise his faith by defiling himself in Babylon. We also know him as the one who was delivered from the Lion's Den and who had many prophetic visions of the coming Kingdom of God.

So then that's Daniel.

God is in Control of EVERYTHING

From the beginning of the Book of Daniel, we see that the captivity of the Jews was permitted by God. He had warned the people in Jeremiah that they would be exiled to Babylon for 70 years for their disobedience.

One of the commentaries I Read last year said the theme of the Book of Daniel is that: In spite of Present appearances, God is in control.

This is a timely word for me in my life.

I continue to be amazed by God's provision in my life.

I paid off an entire year's worth of taxes off in 6 months.
I am now serving on the Freedom Ministry Team and as a Prayer Perimeter Facilitator. Several times people have said that I have said the right thing and just what they needed so I know the Holy Spirit is leading.

I am able to glorify him to people from the past instead of arguing and trying to PROVE that I am right.

God is in control of EVERYTHING including living this single life.

Living Single

Years ago I came to the conclusion that I was meant to be single.  I had decided that all I needed was a career and a dog.  It just didn't seem to be in the cards for me and to make matters worse I wasn't even getting turned on...and nobody was lighting my fire.  

Yes I decided that meant I was called to live as a single woman for the rest of my life.

However

That DOGGONE SHILOH CHURCH messed everything up.  

I know that I have not been called to be single.  

I can tell you right now that I have been called to be married and my husband is to be my partner in ministry and everything else.  

The story will have that Only God could have done this Holy Moments.

(If you're reading this after the fact, then did I nail it or what?!)

This even feels ridiculous to type because as of this writing in the year of our Lord 2019 I have zero prospects, I'm not dating anyone, nothing is moving, and my family is growing more impatient by the minute and vocalizing their frustration by the day.

As I am learning more about what FAITH actually is and supposed to be like, then it's making more sense.

2 Corinthians 5:7 says we Live by believing and not by seeing.

As I shared during my Fall PUSH, one of the things that triggers me to go off track is when what I see does not line up with what I've heard. This is the enemy's normal course of action.
We see in the Natural and Hear in the Supernatural.  That's why Faith comes by Hearing - Cal Pierce
That was a huge A-ha Moment for me!  I can honestly say that everything that has activated my faith in regarding to Living Single has been what I have heard.  From the beginning it is what I have heard and what's caused all the wavering and doubting has been what I have seen.

So what does it all mean?

It means that in spite of Present Appearances, God is in Control.

It also means that I must not grow weary in Well doing because AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME I will reap a HARVEST OF BLESSING IF I DON'T GIVE UP.

I will remain confident in this....I will see the goodness of the Lord.  


Comments

Popular Posts