Level Up: Together is Better?

So said Pastor Javier Ramos for his sermon title this past week at Shiloh Church.


Together is better.

Hmmm. Really?  I've always felt that if my life was going to be ruined, then I wanted to be the one ruining it.  I didn't want to give anyone else the power to ruin my life.  I wanted to be in control so my misguided thinking said: Single is better because at least then if things don't go right, then it's on you. 


This is the American paradigm.  Individual success. This works for results that are simply about accomplishment because you learn to intellectualize and judge situations so that there is no emotional attachment and disappointment.


It was easy for me to move on from my business community because despite saying, "I love you" a lot (A mistake I will not make again)it wasn't genuine and I wasn't emotionally attached to these women and we weren't in a relationship of intimacy.  Despite attempts at trying to get into the innermost layers of my life, I didn't let my wall down and it was the right decision.  I have learned discernment over the years and this was definitely not a situation in which we should build intimacy.



This much I know is true: Someone and something is missing

I have a close group of friends that shares life with each other but even still I know someone and something is missing.

Something is missing

I'm missing intimate relationships with other believers.  I'm missing that book of Acts fellowship.  Now I did say that I was done with church because it all seemed like a waste of time but at the same time I know it is missing.

You can be a player or fan.  You cannot be both. - Bo Easson
I'm tired of being a fan at Shiloh Church.  I'm a big fan of their ministry but I know I should be contributing.  I know that this vision I have about these conferences needs a lot of support and I know being trained at Shiloh in the WORD and also connecting with like minded people will help my vision come to pass.

It's a risk....but I know I need to jump in and get this moving.  First stop is the Cleansing Streams class.



Someone is missing 

At the end of Pastor Javier's sermon he was talking to me.  I need to listen to it again but I wrote down that if I remain disconnected, then there will be no:


  • Ministry
  • Marriage
  • Babies
  • Dog
There will basically be an entire volume of my life that will be missing and I will  forever regret it.  My life really will be ruined even if it looked good on the outside.

Pastor Javier said that people who join Team Shiloh find someone to marry...Oh so did that confirm the word that my inheritance is at Shiloh and what I said about my family being rooted and taught there?

Pastor Javier is full of gems but this cracked me up.  He said God can't hold surprises.  He gets so excited about what he has for us that he shows us ahead of time.  Really now?  Hmmm.  I think he knows his children well and knows what will get us motivated!!



Human Effort Profits Nothing

As part of my Book of Acts Bible study I came to the conclusion that the church could not start until the Holy Spirit came.  There was no church until the Power came upon the people.  There was no mighty move of God until the fire fell from heaven.  Period.

John 6:63
 The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

We cannot be saved from Human Effort and we cannot do things  for the Lord solely with Human Effort and that's why when we do...it's a flop and then we get angry at God when he didn't tell us to do it in the first place!

John 15:5Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

We cannot produce real fruit if we try to do anything apart from Christ.

We  also cannot do anything by ourselves  out on a limb that has died on the vine.  

Sadly, most of us have taken on American's individualistic mindset that we can do everything ourselves out on a limb and why we are frustrated and burned out.

Revival begins within the church first

After the prayer meeting last week and confessing about my own church hurt and anger, I started to notice something up and down my social media timeline.  I saw lots of angry comments from people I know who have quit church.  I've noticed it before but this week I started to really pay attention to what was being said and while I agreed with most of it.This let me know something:  

I believe revival is coming and much like judgment I believe revival will come for the believers first.  This anger at American churches goes across all age groups, all races, all denominations, and all cultures.  I know older folks who won't commit to a church as well as  younger people.  People have had enough and like the revival at Azusa, this won't be a revival about denominations but one about Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Together IS Better

A church saying Together is Better is hardly revolutionary but a church living out Together is Better is.

I'm going into this next season with an agenda.  I'm going to be an asset to Shiloh Church.  I'm going to be a testimonial that it is possible when you seek the kingdom first.

It is time to LEVEL UP!!! Let's GO!!


Comments

Popular Posts