Fall Sprint 2017 If you don't quit, then you win....and Cruising!

WOW! Has it really been over a month?  It's Time for an update!

This Fall I have been encouraged to keep going and I'm seeing more of my Limiting Beliefs Shatter.

First I was apart of an awesome Panel Discussion in Berkeley on the topic of Aging.  It was held at a Community TV station.  I haven't been in a production studio in over ten years but while there it started coming back to me of my time spent in the studio when I was in college.  Sometimes it feels like that time in my life was made up or a fluke.  

Can I be honest?  I think it was all a glimpse of the life that was to come.

I did feel at home under the bright lights and in front of the camera...so mmmhmmm.  


If you don't quit, then you win


That same weekend we went to Shiloh Church to hear Bishop Garlington.


That guy is just my favorite.  His simplistic teaching along with his the consistency of his messages are always right what I need.


His message was entitled: "If you don't quit, then you win".

It is hard not to want to quit at times.  Sometimes it feels like I am making no progress or that I am sinking deeper into the abyss.  I'm also overwhelmed at times with "What ifs?"  "What if this and that happens?  I have no way to do anything about it."

It makes me just want to give up and live a mediocre risk free life but then I remember where I am NOW compared to last year and KNOW this is not the time to give up.  He gave us 4 points that he stole from some guy who won the Biggest Loser (complete transparency as well as the fact that he did not even read the book) 

The Four Points were:

  • Lose Your Quit
  • Lose Your Lies
  • Lose Your Regrets
  • Find Your Why

Lose your Quit

The reason most people never get to where they want to be is because they quit.  Many people quit just before the breakthrough because it's been going on for so long and progress isn't as fast as they like.  I fall into this camp a lot.  

I feel at times as though I am making so much progress but I still think I should be further along.  

Other times I feel like I am not making ANY progress and should quit while I am still ahead. 

Something inside of me prevents me from quitting.  I think we are getting too close to some really good excitement to quit now.

Lose Your Lies

"I'm not good enough"
"Many people in my family have failed so I will too"
"I don't have enough money"
"I don't know enough"
"I've made too many mistakes"
"It hasn't happened yet so it's not meant to be"
"I've ruined my chances"

These are some of the lies I tell myself.  I know that they are not true but sometimes things just get very discouraging and disappointing.

So many of us have got to Lose our lies because they are holding us back.

I've realized that I really have to be adamant about losing the lies about God that I heard growing up.  The God I learned about liked to punish people for breaking the rules.  If life was not going so hot, then it was clearly because someone broke one of the rules or you weren't working hard enough.

The God I've come to know over the past 8 years isn't like that.  He's merciful and gives grace.  Sure you are disciplined and dealt with accordingly but just because things are going left doesn't mean that you need to work harder or because you broke a rule.  

A couple of years ago I was certain that the reason I was single was because I was not good enough.  Therefore I tried to do everything I could to BE GOOD ENOUGH.

Well I have learned better now.  I am single because I need to finish my development process.  I grew up without much direction and positive role modeling when it came to marriage and life in general.  Had I gotten married years ago, I would have been single a couple of years later.  

Total perspective shift.

Lose Your Regrets

I stopped regretting as of last year.

I realize that EVERYTHING works out the way it is supposed to and instead of harping on why something didn't work out, we should accept that God knows best and go from there.

It's hard sometimes not to get caught up in the shoulda, coulda, woulda but I realize that my mistakes are what have caused me to seek help and commit to developing myself.

The way I behaved with that poor guy at the gym let me know that I could not continue on like that.  I needed to get to the  bottom of why I was acting so psycho.  I understand why that was and would never behave like that again.

I don't regret doing that because I think it will give me some funny teaching stories AND demonstrate what a disaster I was.  If someone can have victory after that, then you may want to listen to what she's cooking

Find Your Why

I know my why: Glorify God, Leave an impactful legacy, and empower as many women to thrive in their lives and businesses.

Seeing the fruits of this already starting to happen at this beginning stage is enough to keep me going!

Cruising

If you had told me last year at this time that I would have gone on a cruise to Mexico, then I would have told you that you were crazy I went on a California Coastal Cruise and had a good time!

I learned in Ensenada that I don't like coconut water, fresh coconut, or haggling prices!
In Mexico not loving the Coconut Water

Doing these types of things really help to shatter my limiting belief system and reminds me that I do NOT want to live a mediocre, dull, and uneventful life!  Life is for the living.

I also do not want to marry a man who is boring and does NOT like to enjoy life!  I want to marry the guy for the next 50 years...not for the next 50 minutes.

This year's theme was: Excitement and Adventure!  Let's keep it going!!







Comments

Popular Posts