Fall 2017 Sprint: I am a Lion Chaser



During Bishop Garlington's sermon he mentioned the scripture about Benaiah who chased a lion into a pit on a snowy day.  That reminded me of Mark Batterson's, "In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day".  I knew that would be the next book in my queue.

I am reading this book and it's right on time.

I'm a Lion Chaser.  I simply cannot take the easy way out and settle for mediocrity.  I want to see the Glory of God and that requires being a Lion Chaser.  It means that I have to take risks, go big, or go home.

That also leaves a lot of room for discouragement and wanting to give up.

When God When?
Why God Why?
Seems like nothing is happening
This is too hard
I am going to give up
I don't know if it's worth it
This could be a waste of time
I can just settle for the easy way out.

But you cannot be a lion chaser and also have the Give Up Spirit.  You have to keep going even when it seems discouraging.


As one of my mentors Brian Grasso says, One of the reasons we get so discouraged is because we overestimate how much we can accomplish in a short amount of time and underestimate how much we can accomplish in a longer amount of time.

Just recently I was looking through emails from 3 years ago and I cannot believe how much things have changed since then!  I quit training in the gym, started my own business, became a speaker, and did all sorts of other exciting things all in just 36 months!!  This is a good reminder when I get discouraged by things not going fast enough.

I'm committed to the process of personal development and that's how you get confident enough to get in the pit with a lion on a snowy day.

Understanding the Lions and Bears Prophetic word

So I remember  Pastor Patrick Kiteley gave a prophetic word about Lions and Bears 3 years ago.  


I didn't grasp the full meaning of the prophetic word until I read this book.  The Lions and Bears are the TRAINING GROUND.  They are the obstacles that we train with so that when we meet Goliath or it's time to get in the pit with the lion on a snowy day we are ready.

That's what the Lions and Bears are.  For me it's been a lot of those lions and bears  which is great because my confidence and my self esteem have vastly improved.  No more of this fixing myself in search of "perfect"

Stop Over spiritualizing and Over Analyzing everything 

When I read that prophetic declaration I cringe at my immaturity back then.  That's back when I was over spiritualizing and over analyzing everything.  It's also back when I tried to figure everything out and assign meaning to everything. (Remember it was only 3 years ago!  How much growth has happened since then)

One thing I've learned in this lion chasing business is that you just don't know about anything.  God has his own way of doing things and it rarely makes any sense in the natural so you may as well go with it.

I'm over trying to figure it out.  

27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

This scripture keeps coming up so I figure it's a great reminder of this very point.

Progress on My Fall 2017 Sprint

1.  Revenue Goal -  I am looking forward to having a big December.  I have already done better than my 2016 numbers so now it's time to get ready for 2018!!

2. Finances - My Goal is to have everything on point by Feb 1

3. Relationship - I am still doing my classes and I may be signing up for a coach soon.  I need all of the help I can get to move past these roadblocks I have when it comes to cultivating my femininity, throwing off the masculine, and being a part of a healthy relationship that leads to marriage.  

I will be Killing Some Lions!!
May the Odds be ever in my favor!


Comments

Popular Posts