Proverbs OBS Wait and See Week 2: God must do a work IN us before he can work THROUGH us

One of the reasons our society is on the way down is because everyone has a platform, everyone thinks they are a teacher, and everyone is trying to lead a movement.

I'm always seeing these, "Schemes of the week" (as my business coach says) from people trying to teach people to become experts, writers, teachers, or leaders in 90 days.  The truth is that those things DO work and you can develop a following but it will be shallow, superficial, and the people will be on to the next scheme of the week when yours fails to deliver life changing and transformational results.

If you want to lead, teach, or help people transform their lives then I firmly believe that you have to go through the process of transformation yourself so that you can be an effective teacher and leader. 

The Difference

When I think about the most impactful teachers and leaders that I've seen in my life, they are the people who have been there and been transformed.  They can teach it because they know it.  They've lived it.  They have a real message that people listen to because they have proof.

The worst teachers and leaders I have seen in my life are those that are good about getting people all riled up through emotion and sad sob stories where they are a perpetual victim but they have nothing to teach people.  They have no message.  They may have hollering, screaming, crying, and false promises but they don't have any real life practical application tips.  

Or they are the people who have a message but it is superficial, shallow, and what I call fluff-o.  It's pretty pictures, catchphrases, and shallow messages that touch the surface but don't get deep with people where the transformation lies.

Set Apart


I don't want to be the emotional, shallow, superficial, and fluff-o teacher and leader.  I want to have real IMPACT and be TRANSFORMATIONAL.

That's why I've become okay with The Wait because I believe that this process, this story, and this message is what's going to set me apart.  I am not going to be like every other Insta Coach, Insta preacher, or snake oil salesman giving out false hopes and promises.  I'm going to be the one to teach truth and it will be uncomfortable and ugly because any time you dig beneath the surface it isn't pretty.

For this reason, I have to go through the process myself.  

I have to be the one to stand up and say:  There is hope!  Stay Strong Through the Wait!  It is worth it in the end.  It's not going to take 90 days, 12 months, or whatever the "scheme of the week" these people are trying to sell you. 

Know what else?  It's not just about you.  You're going to help so many along the way and bring them along with you but you can't help anybody else until you allow the Lord to work in your own life and that's why you're waiting.  It is personal development and that is the key to success.  Let him have his way and enjoy the wait! 

Even now in my limited capacity, I find myself better able to help others because of what I've been through and I'm able to share parts of my process that have worked and it is not superficial and shallow.  It's also uncomfortable and ugly.

It may take years but Hold on!  Help is on the Way!  Let God change your heart through this wait because it is worth it in the end!  It is so worth it!

Wait and See!

I am set apart for that reason and I appreciate the Reminder this week.  

I still believe the promise of John 11:40  Didn't I tell you that you would see God's Glory if you believed?


Comments

Popular Posts