Proverbs 31 OBS Uninvited Week 6 - When Being Set Apart can get on your nerves

This past weekend I attended a conference  and I found myself annoyed after one of the speakers finished his presentation.

It wasn't because he said something that really bothered me.  

No I was annoyed because he was extremely attractive to me and I just could not understand why I never meet anyone like this in my real life or it actually goes somewhere.

Even though I'm ALL IN on trying to get my business together and we all know that I am not marriage material,  this never really seems to bother me UNTIL someone attractive and charismatic is put in front of me....then it's like "Oh yeah.  Why don't I ever meet people like this?"

This is an instance when being set apart can get on your nerves

However during my Bible Study this morning where Lysa has us go through her 10 prayers of Psalms 91, I was struck how many times we thanked God for his protection.  

When you're in the shelter of the Most High God and he is your refuge that is a place of safety and protection.  I believe that is where I am in this moment and so I have to believe that's why I don't meet men like that very handsome, charismatic, and intelligent speaker.  It's a protective mechanism because it's not what God has for me at this point and time.

I love how the Message Version puts it

Even though others succumb all around,    drop like flies right and left,    no harm will even graze you.You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,    watch the wicked turn into corpses.Yes, because God’s your refuge,    the High God your very own home,Evil can’t get close to you,    harm can’t get through the door.He ordered his angels    to guard you wherever you go.If you stumble, they’ll catch you;    their job is to keep you from falling.

I do consider it a miracle that I have made it to the age I am now without any real regrets in this area of my life.  I can only owe it to God's mercy that I haven't gone Left and ended up with what I didn't want.

The above scripture says Evil can't get close to you and harm through the door...so that's why I don't meet those types of men in my every day life because maybe it's a false advertisement or it's not what God has for me in this point in my life.

Sooo even though I complained in that moment (and maybe a little bit afterward) I know in the long run this is all for my good and I am thankful for the supernatural help that keeps me from stumbling off of God's plan for my life.

When I think about my own personal growth and development, I think a few years ago I would have already been rejected in my head by a man like him.  I would have immediately thought, "Well I am not good enough for a man like that.  I'm too this, that or the other.  He would never be interested in me." If I was driven by hormones, THEN I would have tried to convince or persuade him that I was good enough.

I will consider it progress that this didn't happen.  We must take note of our growth experiences because it's all confirmation that He who has begun a good work in us will see it through to completion.

I would like to say once again that if God should see fit to send me a man like that...that he has approved of, I would not be angry with that.  



Comments

Popular Posts