Recommended Read: Unashamed by Christine Caine





I first heard Christine Caine speak at a Women's Faith Conference and I was struck by her sincerity and her blunt speaking of God's truths.  The more I learned about her and her ministry to end sex trafficking, the more I decided she was someone that I wanted to learn from.  I finally got around to reading her book Unashamed and my only regret was that I did not start reading this book sooner.

SHAME

Shame is that five letter word that is so secret and so pervasive in many people's lives. Shame tells us that we are not enough and that who we are will never be good enough.  For many people shame starts in childhood and those wounds are never fully healed.  People spend the majority of their adulthoods trying to ease their pain from shame.  They get involved in bad relationships, put on appearances, and some even feel such shame that they give up entirely and descend into a life of self harm and failure.

Shame zones in on the idea of what I have learned to be a true soul killer.  The lie that You are not enough.

Christine Caine does an awesome job of explaining what shame is and also telling her story and other stories of shame.  I just adore her transparency and honesty.

Solid Use of Scripture

I thought the examples and scriptures that were used were solid and relevant.  So many of God's promises were cited and relevant to the topic at hand.  Those that trust in the Lord shall NOT be put to shame. (Romans 10:11)

Focus on women and women in leaders

Now you know this is what got me all FIRED UP.  Pastor Christine Caine is a leader if I ever saw one and I loved how she talked about how the enemy tried to kill her spirit early on and prevent her from being a leader to help other women.  I loved the Biblical examples she used about women who were touched by Christ and how that can relate to us today.  My goodness!  I felt like this was book was an encouragement to every woman who felt she has been called to leadership but has been discouraged or felt shame about not being normal.

I don't want to spoil too much but there are also some heartbreaking stories in the book which should fire all of us up to go out and make a difference.

Live Unashamed


This has been the message on my heart to spread and I feel this book just made it even more clear to me that it's time to start addressing this issue of shame before it silences and prevents another person from reaching the destiny that God has called him or her too.

We must teach people to Live Unashamed.   Reading this book can bring awareness and change to end shame and start living in victory!

LIVE UNASHAMED

Comments

Popular Posts