Take Me to Church?

What a week it has been

When I tell you that God is not only doing a new thing but has shown himself to be unbelievably faithful YET AGAIN, I am telling you the Honest to Goodness truth.

Seeing God answer prayers before my very eyes has a way of strengthening my resolve and belief that we will continue to see His glory if we believe.

It was about 7 years ago in February that I decided to leave the Church of Legalism FOR GOOD and learn about Jesus Christ.  It has been such a journey and after this past week I would say that I would do it a million times and my only regret is that I waited so long!

Lent

For Lent this year I am doing the  Draw the Circle 40 Day Prayer Challenge by Mark Batterson.  I normally do it at the beginning of the year but decided to change things up this year and do it for Lent.  It's really great and I've decided to circle some pretty focused and specific promises this year.  It started off with a a bang and I'm excited to see what happens next.

I didn't really give anything up but I am trying to form a new habit of not using my smart phone between 9p - 7a.  I am more productive, sleep better, and I think it will be a great habit to take forward.

Take Me to Church

All this week I've been feeling led to go to church on Sunday over at Shiloh.  I know I know I said I was done with church for a while and I needed a break but I really feel led to go over and sit in God's presence with other believers.  I remember last year on Mar 1 when I went I said, "I really need some encouragement this morning" and boom! There was Bishop Garlington delivering a prophetic word about damning your prosperity, it will happen, etc.  So instead of fighting about not going to church, I'm going.  I want to hear what God has to say through one of his prophets.

I admit I am burned out on church and frustrated but maybe that's why I need to go.  I will be sure to report back on what is said.


Comments

Popular Posts