Leaving Sundays: Be Still?

When are we ever encouraged to be still and know that He is God in church.  Even in Children’s Church, there is always a flurry of activity so the kids will not get bored.  What is so wrong about teaching children and adults to sit still before the Lord.  Perhaps that why when people grow into adults they are always trying to make it happen and engaging in some type of activity because they never learned to be still and know that he is God.


Silence and not moving is a big part of some religious traditions like Buddhism.  Why must Christianity be so loud?  Why must there always be a frenetic pace?  Why can’t people just enjoy being still and allow God to work. 

 When God came to Elijah, he didn’t come with a banging Praise and Worship session. or in any of the noise. He came in the whisper.  How often do we miss God because we’re trying to get there whether it’s through constant activity like trying to make our desires happen or church work.  What if God is calling us to take a seat and get still before him.


I’m in that season of my life right now where I’ve chosen to take several seats.  I’ve decided to wait upon the Lord, trust in the Lord, and hope in the Lord.  I’ve chosen to allow him to renew my strength and give me new strength for what he’s prepared for me.  There’s been awesome glimpses and stuff I don’t understand but I’m not chasing it.  I am thinking long term and not short term gratification.

So I'm willing to wait
I'm willing to Trust
I'm willing to Hope

To build a Masterpiece takes time. To build a legacy takes time.

I’m using the time to prepare and develop so that when it’s time for the blessing to come. I’m ready to receive.  A blessing before its time isn’t a blessing.  Not being ready to receive a blessing will ensure that it’s short-lived because you haven't developed that comes in the process of waiting.  

When it does happen You won’t be able to sustain it because you did not go through the process and develop habits that lead to success. Much like crash dieting, you will have short term success and then ultimately be worse off than before.

Comments

Popular Posts